PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Salmon

Frenchy
05-14-2012, 06:50 PM
The owners where I work for went salmon fishing in Olcott NY for 3 days. They caught a bunch of king salmon. They asked me to cure and smoke some salmon for the guys at work in the near future. I've used Alton Browns recipe in the past for myself and liked it. Would like to do the same but ubnsure of the amount I should try cooking. I have 2 uds that i just built and have done a dozen cooks in them. How many # of salmon could I comfotably cook in my uds? They both have 2 22.5" grids in them. The fish are vacum packed and frozen with the skin on 6 to 8 " long fillets.

mallorjc
05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Obviously seaon as uy pref is lemon pepper + more pepper & as much garlic as u like for 2 hrs for a nice wet smoke @ ~200 after smoke ignition @ 250, or longer to dry it...what are your temp ranges top 2 bottom in the UDS? Gotta b ur only limits, right? Next questions = skins off or on, up or down?

Frenchy
05-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I can stay just under 2oo 2" below my lower grate. The upper grate run about 25 degrees lower.I planned on swapping rack every 60 minutes or so. I will definitely leave the skin on and down due to past experience.