PDA

View Full Version : Picnics chugging along, what to do with the skin?

rogwadd
05-13-2012, 02:35 PM
These are about 5 hours in. Don't feel like frying the skin. Was thinking about crisping it up in the oven when the crew shows up. Any suggestions?

Second item. When I go to my Picasa web albums from the application. it appears I'm sent to Google+ where I can't link photos. I had to dig up the address for Picasa to do this photo. I'm dense...does anyone have any experience with this?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I7ZP-daD4J8/T6_xZuXNhUI/AAAAAAAABb4/3h1Y3y5klgE/s640/IMG_9361.JPG

SirPorkaLot
05-13-2012, 02:41 PM
You can chop up skin and put in oil in 275-300f oven for 4-5 hours in a dutch oven with lid.

If you want to crisp on grill score the skin deeply & heavily, rub with kosher salt and let sit for couple of hours before you toss on grill

The salt will help draw the moisture out of the skin so it will crisp easier

On the picasa thing, google has screwed us on that one.
The latest version of picasa takes you to google plus instead of picasa.web

I had to uninstall and go find a previous version to download, and turn off the auto-update feature. It still wants to update every time I log into picasa.web though

rogwadd
05-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you, Sir. How long should I let the skin remain on the grill as we speak? It's been on 6 hours so far. Should I pull it now? Finish later?

Re: Picasa. Yep, I had to find the old link to be able to post my picture.

SirPorkaLot
05-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you, Sir. How long should I let the skin remain on the grill as we speak? It's been on 6 hours so far. Should I pull it now? Finish later?

Re: Picasa. Yep, I had to find the old link to be able to post my picture.

Skin is still on pork? I'd score the skin real well now and once it separates from pork toss it on high heat to crisp.

Even though I have not had good luck crisping skin once it has cooked on pork all day. Typically gets too hard

rogwadd
05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Eh, trimmed skin off and laid it on top over the rub. We'll see what I can do with it.

Ron_L
05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
On the picasa thing, google has screwed us on that one.
The latest version of picasa takes you to google plus instead of picasa.web

I had to uninstall and go find a previous version to download, and turn off the auto-update feature. It still wants to update every time I log into picasa.web though

It only does this if you've linked your albums to Google+. I never linked mine and it doesn't happen to me. I do get a nag message in Picasa Web Album that I haven't linked any albums to Google+, but I ignore it.

When I want to link to a picture I just go to picasaweb.google.com

SirPorkaLot
05-13-2012, 07:19 PM
It only does this if you've linked your albums to Google+. I never linked mine and it doesn't happen to me. I do get a nag message in Picasa Web Album that I haven't linked any albums to Google+, but I ignore it.

When I want to link to a picture I just go to picasaweb.google.com

How do I unlink it? It is a royal pain