PDA

View Full Version : Grill/Stove paint

shakeandbake72
05-13-2012, 09:02 AM
I was just wondering what kind of paints everyone has used and what kind of results you have had with them.

I am going to paint my Chargriller Outlaw and Super Pro in the next week or so and I was thinking about doing some sort of a paint job using some colors other than black. I was even thinking about painting the name of the BBQ team that my friends and i are starting on both of them and using out team colors that we have decided on (Orange, Black, and Blue) or painting them both matt black with a "thin Blue line" in honor of fallen law enforcement officers.

Any advice about brands of paints and experiences you have had with them would be appreciated.

Jay871
05-13-2012, 10:29 AM
If you don't mind using cans of spray paint, I've used dupli color engine header paint on the four UDS's that I built. You can get it at any auto parts store (Advanced Auto or O'Reilly's) and it comes in several colors. It's held up pretty good for me over the last year.

captndan
05-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Ace Hardware for flat black and Duplicolor header for colors.

shakeandbake72
05-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks everybody. I hadn't even thought of header paint. Makes a lot of sense. If anyone else has any more ideas please post them. I think I'll be searching for paint in the next few days.

Midnight Smoke
05-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Try Checker Auto Parts, they have a good selection of Hi-Temp paints. The biggest problem with some paints is the curing process, it is hard to do what is needed on a BBQ to get the paint properly set. In order to cure the paint it must be brought up to several different Temps over time to get the Paint cured.