PDA

View Full Version : Brand of Plastic Wrap for Holding Brisket

Greg60525
04-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm looking for a brand of plastic wrap for holding brisket once it comes off the smoker. Preferably, a brand that I can get at Sam's or Restaurant Depot, but not necessary. I will be holding in a preheated cooler at ~ 200F or so.

Sam's has Baker's Chef Food Service Film, but I cannot find a temperature rating on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Coz
04-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I dont do it that way but if I remember right the B and C was one that was used.

Scottie
04-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Foil works

Greg60525
05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the comments. I've been using foil, too, but thought I'd give the film a shot to see if its any better at retaining moisture. It's not that my brisket is that dry, but I think it can be more juicy and limp.........limp........is that even a criteria for brisket?

Thanks,

El Ropo
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Can't recommend a plastic film as I've never used it, but lots of folks use butcher paper. Franklin BBQ uses it and they've won all sorts of awards for their brisket.

AustinKnight
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm looking for a brand of plastic wrap for holding brisket once it comes off the smoker. Preferably, a brand that I can get at Sam's or Restaurant Depot, but not necessary. I will be holding in a preheated cooler at ~ 200F or so.

Sam's has Baker's Chef Food Service Film, but I cannot find a temperature rating on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Turkey bags will work you wont be able to wrap them like plastic wrap but you can use a twisty tie to close it off well. You might still have bark after, you just never know:thumb:

Pitmaster T
05-01-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40232&highlight=plastic+wrap+alzheimers

Read... everyone is wrong untilo post 38... except anyone who agrees with post 38