PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas

ButchB
04-22-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm going to Las Vegas and looking for some good places to eat while there. Anybody got some good recommendations?

bbqchicken
04-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Best buffet in Las Vegas is in the mainstreet station near Fremont st. Get a free players club card and get a huge discount.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ron_L
04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Best buffet in Las Vegas is in the mainstreet station near Fremont st. Get a free players club card and get a huge discount.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. We went there on Friday night for the seafood buffet and it was great. It was $23 without the card and $21 with the card. Other nights were $14.

I was tols about a BBQ place east of the strip behind the MGM Grand called Ellis Island. We didn't have time to try it this trip. Memphis Championship BBQ is also pretty good. The pit master at the Warm Springs location cooks competitions as Sin City Smokers. He did well at the Sam's local this weekend.

bbqchicken
04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
here is the coupon to print off.

http://buffetcouponsvegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/vegas-buffet-coupons-june-30-2012.jpg

and the page where I found it.

http://buffetcouponsvegas.com/buffet-coupons-vegas-downtown-feb-2010/

ButchB
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys, we will definitely check those places out. Where can I find some more coupons like those?

RangerJ
04-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Just walk down the strip, plenty of illegals flipping cards with coupons on them.. wait, wrong coupons.

Still Smokin
04-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Bellagio Buffet is great. If you are there for any length of time, you need to check out Memphis Championship BBQ, the ribs alone are worth the trip.

big blue bbq
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
There had be a place at the Rio called RUB. It is Paul Kirk's place. I ate there a few years ago. I will be in Vegas in the middle of May and will probably try that and Memphis Championship BBQ to see if it like his place in Murphrysboro IL.

Ron_L
04-30-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that RUB has closed, but we didn't go there to check.

Chenernator
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
There had be a place at the Rio called RUB. It is Paul Kirk's place. I ate there a few years ago. I will be in Vegas in the middle of May and will probably try that and Memphis Championship BBQ to see if it like his place in Murphrysboro IL.

RUB is closed. Memphis Championship is fair at best. When the newspaper published its Best of Las Vegas list, Famous Dave's was the reader's choice. That right there tells you there is no decent BBQ in Vegas, except at the houses of Brethren :biggrin1:

If you want to go beyond BBQ, go to Hash House A Go Go. HUGE portions and it's outstanding food.

jbcain
05-29-2012, 08:32 PM
RUB is closed. Memphis Championship is fair at best. When the newspaper published its Best of Las Vegas list, Famous Dave's was the reader's choice. That right there tells you there is no decent BBQ in Vegas, except at the houses of Brethren :biggrin1:

If you want to go beyond BBQ, go to Hash House A Go Go. HUGE portions and it's outstanding food.

agreed. nothing special in this town. there is one just west of nellis on craig rd (on the south side in a strip mall) and it's pretty decent.

ButchB
05-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, as far as the BBQ goes it was a complete disappointment. Went to Memphis Championship BBQ and it was terrible. Cab driver laughed at us the whole way back to the hotel saying how/why did you expect to leave NC and come to Vegas and find decent BBQ. Lol. Still had a good time though!

cameraman
05-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Best Thai food (http://www.saipinchutima.com/#/HOME-01-00/) I ever had.