PDA

View Full Version : Posting at the direction of the Poohbah

Jorge
08-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Foul play by another member of this site shot Phil down in flames today. It seems that a member who shall remain nameless (RBSNWINGS) gave Phil the wrong turn-in time for his pork chops! Now Phil being Phil, didn't just do enough for his turn-in box. Phil did 15 chops! What do you do with 15 pork chops you can't turn in? Include them with a t-shirt that's for sale! I never did get an answer when I asked Phil why he didn't read the the turn in times himself....

Phil did get his sausage turned in, at least as far as he knows, unless he trusted Will to turn it in for him as well! :roll: :lol:

Sounds like Phil is having a good time. His trip up there took much longer than expected. Uhm Phil, don't you have GPS in the escalade? IT ISN'T IN THERE, THIS PLACE IS NEW! Did I mention that it has been raining cats and dogs and it sounds as if they are in a swamp now? But they have plenty of time to start prepping for the KCBS meats tomorrow.

All in all it sounds like he's having a good time, and Will is right across from him so Phil can be expected to launch some sort of retaliatory raid overnight.

chad
08-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Interesting! :D

Never, EVER, trust ANYONE (including your own team!) with the times. Post them, memorize them, have them as your mantra for the whole weekend.

On the other side - somebody got to eat some real fine pork chops! :D

Arlin_MacRae
08-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Ouchies...

chad
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm just glad it was an ancillary event and not one of the "big four". :D

The_Kapn
08-20-2005, 05:38 PM
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN :twisted:
Don't ya just hate that :twisted:

But, I am sure Chops freeze up just fine :lol:

"Pork Chops"--it's what's for dinner :lol:

TIM

frognot
08-20-2005, 08:57 PM
I can send the Poohbah my address if y'all got left-overs and no idea what to do.

Ummmmm, pork chops! droooooooooool (Homer Simpson voice mod)

Mords
08-21-2005, 12:09 AM
that has gotta suck!!! im glad im in LA now..wouldnt want to be in the surrounding area when phil found that out....Hope they are having fun...cant wait to hear the end results good luck!!!

Jorge
08-21-2005, 01:24 PM
that has gotta suck!!! im glad im in LA now..wouldnt want to be in the surrounding area when phil found that out....Hope they are having fun...cant wait to hear the end results good luck!!!

Truth be told they've had a good time with it. To paraphrase what Will said, "He's been riding me about that for 18 hours!" :lol:

Trout_man22
08-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Trust no one-not even your self. G.S. Patton

chad
08-21-2005, 05:29 PM
OK! Awards were scheduled for 4 o'clock. Even though these things are always late, we should have heard something by now.

What's up?? :D

Qczar
08-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Am I missing a post somewhere?

How`ed the bros. do in NY?

Jorge
08-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Am I missing a post somewhere?

How`ed the bros. do in NY?

I'm sure that Phil will post something once he gets home, and catches a few winks.

chad
08-22-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm sure that Phil will post something once he gets home, and catches a few winks.

That implies that you know and aren't talking! :D

Commendable - but a PITA! :twisted:

BBQchef33
08-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I will admit that although RBSNWNGS subconsciouslly set my A$$ up and told me turnin wa san hour after it relaly was, I believe deep down he didnt mean it for a couple reasons.

1 - He wasnt competing in that catagory.
2 - When I showed up with my pork chop for him to sample(an hours after turnin), and then asked him AGAIN what time pork chop turnin in was.. he looked at the pork chop.. then at the steak his was prepping for the upcoming tunin in 5 minutes...where i was going to enter the pork chop, then looked back at me.. :?
- All color drained form his face :shock:
- All skin on his face drooped and his jaw dropped open :oops:
- His eyes closed and rolled into his head :|
- His response was "oh fark". :cry:
- my response was "you fark". :evil:
3- Most important, their aint no way he would do that on purpose. But that does not mean we can't rag on him for it anyway. :wink:

So NO he didnt do it on purpose... but that didnt stop me from hounding his a$$ about it for the next 30 hours, every chance i got.. which actually added to the enjoyment of the weekend.
And of course i had to tell EVERYONE i knew there.. as well as total strangers... and even make a few people up to tell and then to be totally distraught over for days and have to seek professional therapy to help me struggle thru this tramatizing event.

Of course, just to make him feel guilty, i went over and helped him out that evening... i shoulda let ya cook those 15lb briskets in the upside down smokey mountain with water pan sitting on the 14 briquettes he had in it. :mrgreen:

i actually considered turning it in as a steak. Some foreign japaneese genetically altered kobe steak. Who would know? :twisted: And the only way they can prove it is DNA testing.

Trout_man22
08-22-2005, 11:06 AM
i actually considered turning it in as a steak. Some foreign japaneese genetically altered kobe steak. Who would know? Twisted Evil And the only way they can prove it is DNA testing.

That would have been funny,

And first place for steak goes to.....for Pork chops

rbsnwngs
08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
ok here we go
i have to say i'm sorry again and will continue to do so for ever. now on to the WSM
if there ever was a a greater brother i havent met him yet. My cousin chris(barfly) and i borrowed 2 WSM and had never used them before. While having trouble figuring them out, stop laughing now (a little to much beer) Phil in his usual way set them up with wood, coal and basicaly did cook the briskets and pork for us (lol).
even after the fark up that afternoon he was still looking out for a fellow brother.
Both chris and I cant say enough about a man who (even after what he thinks i did)would help out like that.
If ever i get the chance to make it up to him I hope he will let me.
Now that thats been said
LET ALL THE JOKES FLY

Smoker
08-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Will STOP LYING..................(a little to much beer)???? That's like saying the french are just a little stuck up. Seriously, Will is correct about Phil. A month ago I didn't know Phil and after 4 weeks I have cooked with him at Grill King's, Guitarbeque and this past weekends ribfest. He (and BrooklynQ) and his family have been nothing but gracious to me and my wife from day one. I look forward to many cookouts and competitions over the coming decades. If you are within a 5 or 6 hour drive it's worth driving to spend the weekend with him at a competition. We can all BBQ at home but making new friends is what it's really all about.

And to Will and Chris, it was great meeting you and CONGRATS on the win. P.S. Ribs are due in at 11:pm Hurry up!!!

Steve

parrothead
08-22-2005, 09:20 PM
If you are within a 5 or 6 hour drive it's worth driving to spend the weekend with him at a competition.

Or, within flying distance.

barfly
08-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Hello all! It took a fark-up of monumental proportions to get a post out of me but what are ya gonna do, huh? I missed the exchange in question. I think I was paying homage to the bathroom attendant, (lot of that this past weekend!), so I couldn't tell you what Will said or what el jefe asked, not that that would make a difference at this late hour, <g>. I can tell you that the look on Wills face when he told me after this tawdry little screw up came to light said it all! I didn't know you could emote humiliation, stupification, exasperation and a healthy dose of dis-belief all in one second! Phil, to his credit, took it like a man, that is to say a few dirty looks, 1 full days worth of good natured bantering and no more silly question about turn in times! Seriously, (only for a moment), When Phil came over to help us get the wsm's fired up properly Will and I were humbled. Mere hours after the afore-mentioned um.....miscommunication, lol, This man was teaching us a lesson we'll not soon forget. It's all about the food and camradere. Screw ups will be forgiven and calls for help answered. The lesson taught was that in these competitions, (and in life), that the important things are not what we bring home but what we bring there! Phil brought a generousity of spirit surpassed the best pork butt in any pit, (which, incedently was ours <seg>).
Chris