PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Pitmasters

OutlawSwine
04-05-2012, 11:34 AM
In case some of you didn't see this.....

This is from Myron Mixon's twitter last night:

@Lord_of_Q May 30 will be a great day for BBQ lovers. BBQ Pitmasters will be on a TV near you on @DestAmerica. Excited to part of the new network

Apparently Planet Green has changed their station name to Destination America channel.

wingpirate
04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
So they are no longer on TLC?

Tommyboy48
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Already a thread from yesterday about this.

frohe
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Sorry but I'll miss it. I saw Mixon too many times on another BBQ show and felt he was way too full of himself. Now when I see him on a BBQ show, I hit the channel selector and find another channel.

JS-TX
04-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Sorry but I'll miss it. I saw Mixon too many times on another BBQ show and felt he was way too full of himself. Now when I see him on a BBQ show, I hit the channel selector and find another channel.

frohe, yes it certainly seems so but really it's all for TV drama. By all accounts he is really a nice guy.

Happy Hapgood
04-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Miron and The BBQ Pit Boys? I'm IN! About time for a new Man channel too! Hope it goes as well as my Bass Fishin' channels do!

RoadHawgBBQ
04-05-2012, 09:06 PM
They are all the same company

CarolinaQue
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I can understand the sentiment towards Myron's TV personallity...but if you pay close attention...you could learn a lot of good info!!!

Tommyboy48
04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Myron is a genuine guy, but hes a showman/entertainer. Take that inflated ego with a grain of salt, he is most likely to take the shirt off of his back to help someone out rather than treat them harshly.

BigBlock
04-06-2012, 05:52 AM
frohe, yes it certainly seems so but really it's all for TV drama. By all accounts he is really a nice guy.
I have heard from people that have met him and they say hewas nothing like the show quite a nice guy

frohe
04-06-2012, 01:29 PM
OK guys, you've convinced me to give Myron another try. Now what do I do with this grain of salt? :heh: :heh: :heh:

speedrcer1
04-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey Guys & Gals,

My two cents as I have met him. He is a genuinely nice guy in person. Shake your hand and look you in the eye. Joke around with you.
The TV side is in the editing I guess. But the guy knows more about Que than most people (including me).
And this photo is right after he lost a little one on one grilling contest to my team mate.

Pa_BBQ
04-06-2012, 09:14 PM
I agree 100%, You can see him in the background and he is always friendly and joking around. I love his TV personality, because you just know he is just doing it for the drama.

Vision
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I've met Myron and he was extremely nice and fun. I think he would have talked to us all night had we had the energy.

Boshizzle
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
MM in person is not the same fellow on TV. He is a great guy. I have met him a couple of times at comps and he is always a gentleman and a BBQ brother.

Grizmt
04-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Though we're not best buds or anything like that I did meet him and his family at the Ronnie Cates event last year. We traded Ice Cream for a big bag of pulled pork.
We all hear stories,rumors etc around comps right? Well, here's mine.
I found him to be the usual southern straight up front nice kind guy we've run into when we lived in the south. Nothing like the show personality except the loud part :biggrin1: but I think that's just him.
To be honest though, you don't really know someone until you've spent a bunch of time with them and we only were around them for that weekend. His family were very nice as well!

As for the pork, My wife and son probably would've given him a freezer full of product for another bag of that pulled pork wonder!:clap:

CBQ
04-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Now what do I do with this grain of salt? :heh: :heh: :heh:

Mix with a little Cayenne and apply to chicken before glazing. :hungry:

I have met Myron a few times, and took his class. He is fun to hang out with, and a regular guy. He is performing for the cameras on Pitmasters.