PDA

View Full Version : I'm really lazy today...

frohe
04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Set out some pork country ribs and gave them a good dose of pork rub. Have them on the smoker cooking indirect while glazing them with Sweet Baby Ray's.

Before I put them on, I lit up a chimney of lump and have the coals in a clay pot saucer beside the smoker cooking up a strawberry cobbler in my old dutch oven.

Soon the corn-on-the-cob will be boiled up and ready for the grill to get some serious char.

The wife's made up a gallon jug of iced tea. (Brewed tea, boys; not that instant stuff)

Then it's "Tuck the corner of your napkins in ya shirts boys. It's time to eat!"

Y'all have fun.
:clap2:

The family thinks I'm doing a test cook for Easter. I got em fooled.:loco:

hamiltont
04-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Sounds awesome to me......

lcbateman3
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I just threw a whole bird on the WSM along with some test thighs for the competition season, now back working. One plus for working from home.

BBQ Bacon
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Holy Hanna I'm jealous. Take far to long to drive to Texas from Calgary, but set a plate for me just in case!

tnjimbob
04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a great cook.

My family said they want to go out to eat on Easter Sunday. I said fine, go ahead. If they go, you can bet I will cook something super fantastical without them. :mrgreen:

landarc
04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Sounds like good eating. I thought it said really hazy, was gonna tell you to move to the other side of the cooker

bigabyte
04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Nothing wrong with that.:cool:

frohe
04-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Sounds like good eating. I thought it said really hazy, was gonna tell you to move to the other side of the cooker

It'd be just as hazy over there. How's that saying go? Smoke always chases Ughly! It's always chasing me. :thumb:

landarc
04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
It'd be just as hazy over there. How's that saying go? Smoke always chases Ughly! It's always chasing me. :thumb:
I have never much cared for that saying. :twitch:

teej
04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Sounds like a great meal. And I'm sure everyone already knows, but the instant stuff, aint tea.

palehorse
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Love it. Love it lots. In fact, my family is having ribs for Easter, so I love sharing the same with other brethern...

BigBobBQ
04-05-2012, 12:41 PM
that sounds like an awesome meal you got going right there. I am doing ribs, pulled pork, and chicken Easter Sunday for the crowd.

frohe
04-05-2012, 08:10 PM
that sounds like an awesome meal you got going right there. I am doing ribs, pulled pork, and chicken Easter Sunday for the crowd.

We'll be having a more traditional Easter dinner here - Baked ham, tater salad, deviled eggs like was posted here just the other day and strawberry shortcake. Afterwards, we'll all be taking naps since we ate so much. But it'll be worth it.:icon_blush: