PDA

View Full Version : Need a guru to help me with the guru

Hozman
03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Used the Guru for the first time today on the new safe. We could never get the temp up to what we programmed the Guru to.

This was the events that took place to hopefully get an idea of what we did wrong

Got the safe up to 235* as well as had the Guru set for 235* and read 235*
We opened the door to add 8 slabs of rib and knocked the gator clip off and it hit the floor. Got ribs on, reattached gator clip and closed door
From there digi read out would never go higher than 166*, therm on safe door read 225, also got maverick out an dread same as safe door
After about 45 minutes decided to unplug all wires and found the wire for temp probe not fully seated into digi, which was weird cause it would still run fan but not go above 166* in read out.
Once we made sure pit probe was well attached temp started going up. We adjusted Guru to 250* but digi never did read past 235*

Shouldn't the guru continue to run until the pit temp and program temp are the same? Also why would it never get up to the same temp? If need any more info to help please let me know.

On a funny note called Guru and pushed #2 for tech support and got "please leave a message":heh: Like that did me any good.

glh17
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Not sure. The only similar problem I had with my digiq dx was when I had the ramp feature turned on and the thing ramped down just like it was suppose to but I'd forgotten I had it on.

Perhaps your damper was closed a bit too much. But, yes the guru should bring the temp up so long as the fan is working and you've got sufficient fuel. I'd try it again on something short and easy. You might want to test your temp gauge to see if it's accurate.

MStoney72
03-24-2012, 07:22 AM
I would give it another try. I've had a few (glitches) with my digiq also, but when it really came down to it, most of them were from user error. Remember that the guru establishes an algorithm and when you unplug it, it loses that algorithm for about twenty minutes, therefore you will want to kinda leave it alone for a little while until it finds itself again. Other than that, there's not really any explanation for the problem that your having, unless it does it again and then maybe you might end up finding that your unit might be faulty. Mine works flawlessly when I do everything right. What kind of cooker are you using you guru on?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

FrozenTundra
03-24-2012, 07:47 AM
The only time I ever had a problem with mine was when I left the damper completely closed on the pit viper fan...oops

Hozman
03-24-2012, 09:20 AM
using it on pitmaker safe

MStoney72
03-24-2012, 09:56 AM
I would try again and maybe play around with the damper and see if that helps you out. Very nice cooker by the way:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Big George's BBQ
03-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Was the fan opening closed- not letting in enough air. Were the vents to your pit open and was the temp probe or wire touching the food. Did you call Guru after hours otherwise they are really good customer service