PDA

View Full Version : iQue vs PartyQ

pahutchens
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Any thoughts? Budget being limited I'm considering one of these as an entry into temp control. They seem pretty similar and wondering if anyone with a sharper mind has some insight?

I'd be throwing it on my UDS for now

Big George's BBQ
03-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Can not speak for either as I have not used them I can say I really like Guru products and that you can not beat their customer service

NS Mike D
03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
for the money the IQUE is solid. Can't speak for the party. Check out the woodpelletsmoker guy in the brethren sales forum he has a unit that operates like a IQUE but on the digi guru technology. His guru equivalent looks like a great deal compared to the guru, and his wifi unit is equallly a bargain. He makes them himself in China.

BRBBQ
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I have no issues with the IQ110 on a Stumps smoker (Set it and forget it) I'd say if your going to use it in a drum and also use LUMP, then you'll have temp issues like others here once they remove the lid...I had issues with temps while using LUMP with out a controller, cant give it much oxygen hahaha.. Charcaol probably the better choice if using a controller, if I had to guess :wink:

BC Squared
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Haven't used or seen the Party, nut have 2 IQs and love them!

pahutchens
03-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Well I caught my Bride at a good time and decided on the PartyQ. The fact that I can bring it up to our land running it on AA batteries was a consideration. I have a camping drum, and no electricity.
Now I waiting for the postman. I'll review when I do my first smoke with it.

AustinKnight
03-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Well I caught my Bride at a good time and decided on the PartyQ. The fact that I can bring it up to our land running it on AA batteries was a consideration. I have a camping drum, and no electricity.
Now I waiting for the postman. I'll review when I do my first smoke with it.

Get you some rechargeable batteries and a re charger, it might be a little pricey for the batteries but it will be worth it in the long run. You don't plan to do long smokes right just HnF cooks?

pahutchens
03-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Have several set of rechargeable batts. I'll track battery life when I test