PDA

View Full Version : Need another team in Mitchell, South Dakota this weekend

kcpellethead
08-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Greetings all!

We won a free entry to the March Cabela's KC contest in January, but had already sent in our $ in December. So, they let us apply it to a different contest. Thought it might be a little cooler up north, so we picked South Dakota in August. This was in January . . . LOL.

Anyway, they have 14 teams signed up, but we need one more to be a qualifier. This contest also qualifies up to seven teams to compete in the Cabela's KC Invitational in early September. Thought I would post the info here just in case. I'll offer to help a team out any way I can. If you're interested, contact Ms. Patty Flessner at [email protected] or by telephone at 308-255-2822. Might even be possible to pass the hat to help offset the entry fee expense. I'm sure there are several cooks willing to participate.

Rod
Pellet Envy

Solidkick
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Anyone have Midnight's phone number? He's about as close to this event that I can think of??

Kevin
08-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Anyone have Midnight's phone number? He's about as close to this event that I can think of??

Here is his website:
http://schaffersbbq.com/

Kevin

Solidkick
08-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Kevin!
I sent him an email with the above information.....
Great assist!

midnight
08-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I found out about this too late :cry: I already have plans for the weekend, but thanks for thinking of me guys.
I hear that they have 15 teams again so it will be a qualifier.

kcpellethead
08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Come on out to visit if you're in the neighborhood . . .

Rod
Pellet Envy

Kevin
08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Come on out to visit if you're in the neighborhood . . .

Rod
Pellet Envy

I just might do that. It's only a 3 hour drive, and the Sturgis Rally starts this weekend so there will probably be a few thousand nice motorcycles coming through Mitchell.

Kevin

Ron_L
08-04-2005, 08:39 PM

Rod
Pellet Envy

Hey Rod... I'm in Sioux Falls until tomorrow evening, and my afternoon meeting just cancelled. I'm thinking about driving to Mitchell to check things out. Will you be there early to mid afternoon?

Ron_L
08-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I made it to Cabela's in Mitchell at about 1:30. There were 8 teams either set up or in the process. One of the guys on sites said that they had 19 teams coming. I did get a chance to meet Rod and his wife. Nice people, and a nice trailer! nice to meet you both! i also met two teams from the mitchell area, a gentleman from Texas and a guy from Colorado. I had to leave there at about 3:30 to head back to Sioux Falls. Now I'm at the airport wishing I was back there enjoying a cold beer and talking about Q...

jminion
08-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Rod
Congrats, with those finishes you should have won most contests, tough crowd.