PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Guru Survives Underwater

NS Mike D
03-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I learned a lesson today the hard way and that is the plastic tubs with the locking handles are not waterproof, in fact they collect water and direct it into the container.

I decided to cook a leg of lamb on the WSM this morning and discovered my digiIQ sitting underneath two inches of water.

I opened it up and used a blow dryer to dry it out, and 45 minutes later I had it hooked up and running just fine.

I doubt is was designed to withstand that type of abuse.

Too bad the plastic tubs were designed so poorly.

JMSetzler
03-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Nice to know! I have been lucky to keep mine dry so far. When I leave it outside on an overnight cook I lay a towel over it to keep dew from condensing on it.

frohe
03-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I learned a lesson today the hard way and that is the plastic tubs with the locking handles are not waterproof, in fact they collect water and direct it into the container. I decided to cook a leg of lamb on the WSM this morning and discovered my digiIQ sitting underneath two inches of water. I opened it up and used a blow dryer to dry it out, and 45 minutes later I had it hooked up and running just fine. I doubt is was designed to withstand that type of abuse. Too bad the plastic tubs were designed so poorly.

I learned that lesson the hard way. I use a 3 drawer Sterilte rolling card to hold my BBQ gear. Went out to get something from the top drawer and found about an inch of water inside. Nothing was ruined but I learned a lesson that day. Now my electronic gadgets sit on a couple of 2x4s inside the drawer and are double-bagged in ziploc baggies. Everything stays nice and dry.:icon_cool