PDA

View Full Version : Rubs and Spices

uchinadon
03-03-2012, 09:59 PM
For all the pros out there, what are the best rubs and spices for Chicken, Beef, Pork, etc? Also, where can I order from that ships to APO addresses?

LMAJ
03-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Can't say there is a "best" - all depends on your likes and dislikes. Right now I like SM Cherry for just about everything. Not sure about APO addresses - there are a bunch of Brethren that sell rubs - head over to the Brethren Sales and Ventures section and have fun!

aquablue22
03-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm partial to Simply Marvelous (All of them)

IamMadMan
03-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Just curious what you are using the rub for on base/off base....?

PM me and I would be happy to send some Free rub to the APO of a deployed soldier.
Thank You for your service.....

A flate rate APO/FPO box will ship for about 12.95, I'll see what else I can put in it. I'll get some donations from other local bbq friends for you.

IamMadMan
03-16-2012, 10:19 PM
For all the pros out there, what are the best rubs and spices for Chicken, Beef, Pork, etc? Also, where can I order from that ships to APO addresses?

Don

Thank You for your service in the military.

I sent you some bulk Razorback Rub and some of our custom rub. Both are all purpose rubs.

Sent in a small priority box with required customs forms.
I hope you enjoy them over there in Korea...

Bob

caseydog
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Wow, that's a tough question to answer. Everybody has their own favorites.

If you can't buy commercial rubs where you are, then you might be more interested in rub recipes that you can reproduce.

If I were stationed overseas, I would be all over the local flavors. Using local spices is not just good eats, it is good memories.

Here in Texas, if all you have is salt and pepper, you have all you need for a rub to cook up some awesome que. That and smoke is all it really takes.

But, seriously, wherever you go, learn what they cook with, and try it. I have learned a lot from eating foods in other countries, and asking people how they cooked it.

CD

IamMadMan
03-18-2012, 08:22 PM

Any business can ship them to you by way of US Postal Service Priority Mail as long as they complete and attach the required 2976 customs form which are easily available and easily completed.

Shipping labels and customs forms can be completed on-line and printed on your printer to make it even easier. I am familiar with this as I send about 100+ packages a month on behalf of our American Legion / VFW Posts to deployed troops in the sandbox, spices and koolaid singles are the #1 requests. Thankfully Red Gill has kept his prices down and I package his blend for use as a seasoned salt. They really love it... The others have their prices set too high for bulk purchases for me to send their product.

I am surprised that there has been 240 views of this message and None of the Brethren who sell the items to the public have not responded to you. It's simple, 2 lbs bulk will fit in a small priority box, 5-6 lbs bulk will fit a medium priority box, and 10 lbs will fit an APO / FPO priority box. Not that you want 5 or 10 pounds, but basically anyone could easily send an 8 oz or 1 Lb package for $5.65 to Kunsan Air Base in South Korea.

You can also browse this site for rub recipes or request some to be private messaged to you. After all it is just a mix of spices which are available in your base commissary.

I hope you enjoy the rubs I sent on behalf of BBQ Brethren, and thank you for your service....