PDA

View Full Version : The Local Pig... New KC butcher shop.

shirknwrk
03-03-2012, 09:08 PM
http://inkkc.com/content/adventurous-chef-alex-pope-opens-local-pig-a-butcher-shop-in-the-east-bottoms/

Local, naturally raised meats... Ordered slab of 1" thick spares (cut to order and priced accordingly) Picked up 4 thick chuck ribs and eyed a huge dino rib. As they buy only whole pigs, slabs of ribs are gone immediately... have to order.

Just a block from Knuckleheads, if you know the East Bottoms... Try breakfast at the Finish Line (till 11) While you're in the area.

Fat Woody
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a cool place! They definitely have some interesting ideas with the butchering/charcuterie classes, weekly box program, etc. Looking forward to checking it out.

shirknwrk
03-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Like to hear anyone's impression.

HoDeDo
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Alex Pope is the shizzle... if you checked out any of the prior things he has touched, this should be no different. I'll be down there often when I get some down time!!! Looking forward to some butchery classes... and really want to do the hogs head class!

KarBQue
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I was just checking them out on craigslist. They have a sausage class posted on there. $65 for the sausage class and you get to take home about 5lbs it says.

I think I will see if they have any openings for the class.