PDA

View Full Version : NEBS rule question

rxcellentq
03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm doing a contest where one of the categories is
Vegetable: Any vegetable of your choice is eligible for entry, but 6 separate and identifiable pieces
must be submitted to the judges.
Teams have the option to use stuffing. See stuffing definitions below.
GARNISH - Only green leaf lettuce, Italian or flat leaf parsley and/or curly parsley. Inedible objects
are NOT allowed in the entry box.
Entry may not be wrapped with another item, (i.e. meat or pastry dough).
Sauces, if used, shall be on the entry. No sauce containers are allowed. Chunky sauce is allowed.

Is a grilled vegi sandwich allowed? how about a vegi pizza?

YankeeBBQ
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm doing a contest where one of the categories is
Vegetable:
Any vegetable of your choice is eligible for entry, but 6 separate and identifiable pieces
must be submitted to the judges.
Teams have the option to use stuffing. See stuffing definitions below.
GARNISH - Only green leaf lettuce, Italian or flat leaf parsley and/or curly parsley. Inedible objects
are NOT allowed in the entry box.
Entry may not be wrapped with another item, (i.e. meat or pastry dough).

Sauces, if used, shall be on the entry. No sauce containers are allowed. Chunky sauce is allowed.

Is a grilled vegi sandwich allowed? how about a vegi pizza?

Just my opinion but I would say no to both. I think the point of the rules are to make the vegetable the star of the dish. Bread in either case would be an illegal garnish unless it was part of a stuffing. Again just my opinion but I have cooked many NEBS grilling events.

CBQ
03-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Again just my opinion but I have cooked many NEBS grilling events.

Just a couple :wink:

"Entry may not be wrapped with another item, (i.e. meat or pastry dough)."

Sounds like no on both to me too. The above would rule out a sandwich for sure, and pizza would seem to not be in the spirit of the category. Pizza is a common NEBS grilling category, so they would have said pizza if they wanted pizza. If you cook a mean pizza, just wait. There is always a NEBS event with a pizza category.

Anchors Smokeshop
03-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Your best bet would be to ask Rob Fernandez, the organizer of GOTB. His email is [email protected].