PDA

View Full Version : Weird Idea

Texas Turtle
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Has anyone ever given any thought to the possibility of fitting a ribolator into an offset stickburner? I'm envisioning a poor boy rotisserie smoker on a budget. My offset smoke chamber is 22 inches in diameter by 48 inches long and I'm thinking you might be able to get two units in there crossways. I cringe at the thought of drilling or slotting a relatively new quarter inch steel smoker but I keep thinking about more even cooking without having to move the meat around every hour or so.

ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I also wondered the same thing. The only thing that I could come up with was a rf with your rotisserie components on the far end of the chamber.

captndan
03-02-2012, 06:01 AM
I don't think it's a weird idea at all. My trailer rig is a compressor tank and has a pipe plug in each end. I think I'll try it.

Texas Turtle
03-02-2012, 08:25 AM
There's an idea - drill and tap a couple of holes in the offset and use pipe plugs to close them up when not using the roterisserie. Let us know how it works. If I put it in crossways I think I could leave one cooking grate in and use the ribolator at the far end of the smoke chamber.

KnucklHed BBQ
03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Contact B-O-B at ROL, he's made several custom spit rods for folks to accomplish exactly what you're thinking, it works great!

Here's his cell # 206-999-0962