PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Brisket question

BigBobBQ
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Ok professionals I have a question, this weekend I made my first brisket and all that was left was some of the flat, well tonight they want me to reheat it in bbq sauce for sandwiches, my problem is they did not vacum seal it just put it in a zip lock bag, I was thinking of putting it in the slow cooker on low with a small amount of sauce but dont want to drown it in sauce, will that keep it moist enough while reheating or do I need to add some other type of liquid while it is heating back up? I hope the slow cooker will tenderize it some too.

jonboy
02-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I would use some apple juice in the slow cooker.
Add the sauce after the meat has heated up or serve on the side.
jon

BigBobBQ
02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
cool thats what I will do thanks for the quick reply...

Q-Dat
02-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Beef Broth

AustinKnight
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
With Q-Dat on this beef broth definitely, this isn't pork no need for AJ for this hunk of meat. Your slow cooking will work great for reheating the flat brotha enjoy those sandwiches!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

JS-TX
02-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Gotta agree, no AJ! Beef broth if anything. I would just put it in the oven @300, covered w/foil.

frohe
02-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Ok professionals I have a question, this weekend I made my first brisket and all that was left was some of the flat, well tonight they want me to reheat it in bbq sauce for sandwiches, my problem is they did not vacum seal it just put it in a zip lock bag, I was thinking of putting it in the slow cooker on low with a small amount of sauce but dont want to drown it in sauce, will that keep it moist enough while reheating or do I need to add some other type of liquid while it is heating back up? I hope the slow cooker will tenderize it some too.

Storing it in ziplocks this close after the cook shouldn't be a problem. I do the same for my Q that I plan to use up quickly. When the time comes I put the baggie in a pot of hot water on the stove and let the water slowly heat the meat back to life.

Anyway, it works for me. YMMV!:crazy:

BigBobBQ
02-29-2012, 05:12 PM
DUH!!! that makes total sense to use some beef broth, I have some of that but did not even think about adding it, but I will going to get it started here in about 15 minutes, so thanks for all of the replies and great advice.

nrok2118
02-29-2012, 05:43 PM
make sure to throw an onion in there!:razz:

Ron_L
02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Apple juice is fine if you don't have any beef stock if you're going to put sauce on it. The sauce is probably sweet anyway.

BigBobBQ
02-29-2012, 06:03 PM
You're right I am using some Sweet Baby Rays cut with a milder sauce (Cattlemans) to cut down some of the heat. I like the heat but the rest of the family doesn't so I have to keep them happy..

BigBellyBBQ
02-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Storing it in ziplocks this close after the cook shouldn't be a problem. I do the same for my Q that I plan to use up quickly. When the time comes I put the baggie in a pot of hot water on the stove and let the water slowly heat the meat back to life.

Anyway, it works for me. YMMV!:crazy:
Yeeup....leave in da bag, heat your water first, just put the baggy in and let warm up...then drizzle the beefbroth on only if nesc..you will love it like you did the other day!