PDA

View Full Version : Finally Ordered Some Simply Marvelous!

youngbloodbbqenthusiast
02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
As a newcomer to the forum i have spent the majority of my time gazing in rapt admiration at the amazing Barbecue the various brethren have posted here on this board. I thought I was a fantastic Pit master but some of the recipes you guys have posted have been blowing my mind and made me realize i have only been swimming in the 6' foot deep section of the barbecue pool and that i needed to dive into the deeper end and try some new recipes especially the Fatty and ABTs.

i made my first foray today and purchase the 6 pack sampler pack from SM after reading so many threads boasting about the different flavors of the rubs and just how much they elevated the flavor of the cooked meat.

when they come you can bet i will be posting some pron of my first cook using them. which rub do you think I should use first? I saw some great spares at Sam's the other day along with some awesome looking Beef short Ribs. I did not buy as I was only looking to buy some Squeeze bottles, containers, and Charcoal.:tsk: I know what you ae thinking...how could i by some charcoal but no meat?:crazy:

Now i just need to order a WSM and head down to Nahunta and pick up a Lang.:biggrin1:

razrbakcrzy
02-29-2012, 09:15 AM
SM Sweet & spicy MMMMmmmm! can't go wrong...

Big George's BBQ
02-29-2012, 09:52 AM
You are going to be very happy with your new purchase

msu12181
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Spicy Apple is excellent on a slab of baby backs

fingerlickin'
02-29-2012, 11:09 AM
You won't be disappointed!

pahutchens
02-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Hard to go wrong with SM, if you do its not rubs fault :biggrin1:

bover
02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Cherry. Put cherry on everything. You won't be disappointed.

BigBobBQ
02-29-2012, 01:03 PM
IMHO as long as it is SM rubs you can't go wrong with any of them...

T-Man
02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
It is Marvelous baby ... Simply Marvelous....:grin:

Mister Bob
02-29-2012, 06:03 PM
My favorite is Sweet Seduction...or is it Cherry...no, I really like the Spicy Apple...but the Sweet and Spicy has a really nice kick...never mind, I'm no help at all! :becky:

Grillman
02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
You will enjoy them very much...we anxiously await your pics.

youngbloodbbqenthusiast
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I am anxious as well to try them out. A buddy owes me 3 slabs of spares for helping him with some class work for his computer class he is in and should be fulfilling his debt very soon.

Quick question: where are the threads on modifying the Chargriller pro?