PDA

View Full Version : Stoker Cook Issues...

darita
02-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I used the stoker on my XL for a 10 hour cook and had some issues. First, for some reason, Stokerlog disconnected from the Stoker after about 15 minutes. It took me over an hour to get it reconnected. After I reconnected, all went well until I did a 5 minute pause to open the lid. When Stoker started up again, the fan didn't come on. I watched the temp drop about 40 degrees and finally I decided to turn the Stoker off, then on again. The fan still didn't come on until I went in and reassigned the blower to the probe once again.
Has anyone else had the problem with the blower having to be reassigned after turning the Stoker off or using the 5 minute pause?

Boshizzle
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
How are you connecting to the Stoker over the network? Wireless? Ethernet over power? Direct connect?

kennedyma
02-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Also what firmware version are you using?

Funtimebbq
02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Is the fan cable connected directly into the Stoker? Been told not to use a splitter for the fan.

darita
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I was initially connected via wifi and my home wireless router. Newest firmware to my knowledge and blower cable is connected directly, with no splitter.

BBQSmoker
02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
I have seen the stokerlog hang on Windows7 and have been using the iPhone App to monitor my stoker. I am running wifi as well and have not had issues.
I would make sure that your high/low settings are set by logging in to the stoker using a web browser, making sure your pit probe is assigned to the blower.
Does the Fan turn on briefly when you power cycle the stoker?

darita
02-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I have seen the stokerlog hang on Windows7 and have been using the iPhone App to monitor my stoker. I am running wifi as well and have not had issues.
I would make sure that your high/low settings are set by logging in to the stoker using a web browser, making sure your pit probe is assigned to the blower.
Does the Fan turn on briefly when you power cycle the stoker?
Yes the blower turns on briefly.

BBQSmoker
02-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Sounds like the Pit Probe may not be associated with the Blower. It might also be the sensor is set hotter temp thus the fan doesnt need to come on.