PDA

View Full Version : Stokerlog Driving Me Nuts!

darita
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
OK...I initially got everything going and Stokerlog was working great. 15 minutes later, Stokerlog lost connection with Stoker. I tried reconnecting, power-cycling the Stoker and Stokerlog and even going back to a gaming adapter, but nothing worked. Finally, I tried Stoker Status and it worked, so with it up, I tried reconnecting with Stokerlog...and there it was!
What am I doing wrong? Was the problem with my laptop? No IPs were changed in the process.

Bonewagon
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Did stoker status ever go down? If not, then I'd think you problem was with stoker log and not with the network connection.

Gato Gordo
02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
The stoker provides two interfaces, web and telnet. Stoker Status only connects to the web interface and this is the more reliable interface of the two. Stokerlog normally connects to both so if there was a problem with Stokerlog, there was most likely a problem with the Stoker's telnet interface.

If this occurs again, you can easily test it. Stokerlog recognizes the problem with the telnet interface and offers an option to bypass it. This is the HTTP only option in the upper right corner. If you have trouble connecting with Stokerlog, select HTTP only and try to connect again. If Stokerlog now connects, the problem is the Stoker's telnet interface. Usually, attempting to connect a few times, or turning the Stoker off and then on again, fixes the problem.

Panthers65
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
I would say you just got unlucky and it happened to reconnect when you tried the stoker webpage interface. I regularly turn my stoker on and off during cooks when I open and close the lid and stokerlog never had problems.

Just make sure you've got the latest version of stokerlog