PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Brian and I'm a rubaholic

Youngin'
02-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Just got this shipment in today and I can't wait to give it a try! Also picked up some Plowboys Bovine Bold & Yardbird at the Bass Pro Shop down the street. Will be using these up the next couple of weekends.

I gave the Smoking Triggers Sweet Heat & Byrons Butt a chance and got decent results but nothing out of this world like the ones I was getting with Oakridge. Now on to these puppies! Thank you for all your help in showing me the way.

Wampus
02-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah, me too. I'd hate to think how many different shakers of rub I have in my spice cabinet. In fact, it's getting so bad I almost need to dedicate a whole wall cabinet JUST for BBQ spices!

Those SM rubs will take your BBQ to a whole new level. Yes there are lots of quality rubs, but when I found Simply Marvelous I had a bigtime stall in trying others. Steph puts out some fine product!

POST PRON!!!:becky:

likeadeere
02-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Mad props here! Ur gonna have some fun with those. You will not be disappointed at all. Some of the best in the business. Careful with the sweet seduction though, there will be a tendency to lick it off any surface if you spill it!

tnjimbob
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
SWMBO said I was taking up too much room in the spice cabinet, so I reluctantly threw away some rubs & other stuff that I hadn't used in a while. Finally got around to trying Oakridge this weekend on some ribs, and was suitably impressed. :clap:

I will have to give the Simply Marvelous rubs a try soon.

buffalotom
02-28-2012, 11:29 AM
This weekend I tried the spicy apple rub on a pork roast. WOW was that great! Right now I have a number of rubs on the kitchen counter. Wife is getting concerned. In the basement is my hot sauce collection, and my tequila collection....

Phubar
02-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Them's is all good....I don't have the Sweet Seduction......yet.

Youngin'
02-28-2012, 11:50 AM
This weekend I tried the spicy apple rub on a pork roast. WOW was that great! Right now I have a number of rubs on the kitchen counter. Wife is getting concerned. In the basement is my hot sauce collection, and my tequila collection....

My wife learned to accept it as she is the beneficiary of everything I cook however the cabinet space is depleting at a fast rate and that's where she's getting mad...a little. :icon_shy

Cack
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I have a whole cabinet for my rubs, sauces, and other tools (gloves, thermometers etc) ... i recently purchased all of those 4 with another bottle of Yardbirds and the (4 or 5) piece sample pack from The Rub Co ... and that's just what I bought in one day

Cack
02-28-2012, 12:09 PM

My wife learned to accept it as she is the beneficiary of everything I cook however the cabinet space is depleting at a fast rate and that's where she's getting mad...a little. :icon_shy

My g/f bought a BOX of wine that came in the other day ... when all my rubs came in she asked where they came from and i said the Rub Fairy ... so as I had to carry the box in for her she goes "the rub fairy came to you and the wine fairy came to me isn't it great?" ... damn women always trying to get one up on us

chrisnjenn
02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I know what you guys mean. I have a pretty good size cabinet that is full of various rubs. I love to try new rubs. Passion of mine. I have been using Simply Marvelous cherry a lot lately (very impressed) and just ordered Simply Marvelous Apple and Sweet Seduction this morning. I guess you can't have too many rubs. It is a good addiction.

big brother smoke
02-28-2012, 01:38 PM
I know what you guys mean. I have a pretty good size cabinet that is full of various rubs. I love to try new rubs. Passion of mine. I have been using Simply Marvelous cherry a lot lately (very impressed) and just ordered Simply Marvelous Apple and Sweet Seduction this morning. I guess you can't have too many rubs. It is a good addiction.

Thanks, you caught me as I was just leaving for work. It took 3 minutes to pack your order and point and click for a shipping label. Your order is in the mail! :thumb:

troytime
02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
i've been waiting to order some simply marvelous rubs now for at LEAST 3 months.

I asked my wife if i could and she pointed at the dozens of rubs in my cabinet right now.

I've literally been 'accidentally spilling' and 'overusing' and 'testing' those rubs just to get rid of them so i can order some simply marvelous.

Youngin'
02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
i've been waiting to order some simply marvelous rubs now for at LEAST 3 months.

I asked my wife if i could and she pointed at the dozens of rubs in my cabinet right now.

I've literally been 'accidentally spilling' and 'overusing' and 'testing' those rubs just to get rid of them so i can order some simply marvelous.

No asking here. Ordered then explained.:mrgreen:

Youngin'
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks, you caught me as I was just leaving for work. It took 3 minutes to pack your order and point and click for a shipping label. Your order is in the mail! :thumb:

Wanted to mention that the Peppered Cow sample is out of this world.

smokeyokie
02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
My 2 goto rubs other than what I make are from SM and Oakridge!!!! they are great products! I didnt see the need in trying to copy them so I just purchase them again and again!!! they are both great products!!! I must say I have not tried all the rubs offered by the brethren, and I am sure they are all great!! I just got these and havent looked any further!!:thumb:

BBQ4FUN
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
All those are EXCELLENT!! You will enjoy them. :thumb:

chrisnjenn
02-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Ha. I got the shipping notice within minutes of ordering. That is service. I know you read the thread I did about sauces and rubs a couple of weeks ago (you commented in it). I have tried dozens and dozens of different rubs from many different sources. Yours and Oakridge rubs are the top of the line best in my opinion and frankly, it isn't close. I told my wife yesterday, that I think I have finally given up trying so many rubs and will order just from you guys from now on. Thank you for the great service and a superior product. Your products make me a better cook.

troytime
02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
No asking here. Ordered then explained.:mrgreen:

don't get me wrong, my wife isn't a nazi.

its just that.... well, i've been known to have some impulse buy issues (like losing track of my purchases and accidentally wiping out our checking account impulse buy issues):laugh:

kcmike
02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Ha. I got the shipping notice within minutes of ordering. That is service. I know you read the thread I did about sauces and rubs a couple of weeks ago (you commented in it). I have tried dozens and dozens of different rubs from many different sources. Yours and Oakridge rubs are the top of the line best in my opinion and frankly, it isn't close. I told my wife yesterday, that I think I have finally given up trying so many rubs and will order just from you guys from now on. Thank you for the great service and a superior product. Your products make me a better cook.

Thanks Chris! :thumb: