PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Wood

dxesmkr
07-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Where can I buy bbq wood in bulk,already seasoned on the internet?? Has anyone had experience buying bbq wood this way??I can get pecan,oak hickory,and peach locally.But, I don't have any stock piled and drying. Figured I would buy some to tied me over till I get some drying.

Thanks,
Willy T.

The_Kapn
07-24-2005, 09:23 AM
How much are you looking for Willy????

TIM

Ron_L
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
www.hawgeyesbbq.com is one place that sells wood chunks, and a Brethren recommended site! nice people, too! The web site doesn't show high volume pricing, but it wouldn't hurt to call them...

There are others, too. A google search for "BBQ wood" came up with a bunch of hits, including...

www.barbecuewood.com
www.nwsmoke.com

and others...

Bill-Chicago
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Hawgeyes gets a nod from me as well.

I actually prefer buying apple chunks from them each Thanksgiving for the WSM.

Mostly all fist size chunks with little to no bark. No the Dera I use apple log splits and branches from JT and Greg, but in the WSM, I want large chunks with little to no bark.

Had peach from there too. Goo stuff

dxesmkr
07-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Willy T.

Solidkick
07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't know how much you are looking to buy, but I have three sources. Chigger Creek, Fairlane Woods, and a guy that sells through EBay that goes by Sandrat45. I have the EBay guys email, if you are interested about seeing about quantity. I like his sugar maple and cherry the best, and he spoils me by shipping chunks without any bark.

Spicewine Jay also sells bags of wood, and I like his hickory real well. So I guess I have four sources.......

dxesmkr
07-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks Kick.
I've got Chigger creek and fairlane numbers.I'll probably give em' a call next week.Plus, Tim (kapndsl)is gonna fix me up with some of his extra if I can make it to Dillard.Also checking on a tip from a tree trimming crew.I'll holler back at ya if I need the guy on E-bays email.

Willy T.

tommykendall
07-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Dude - you live in SC. There's gotta be wood everywhere. Check your tree trimmers and the aftermath of good thunderstorms. Buy a chain saw.

The_Kapn
07-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Dude - you live in SC. There's gotta be wood everywhere. Check your tree trimmers and the aftermath of good thunderstorms. Buy a chain saw.
TK--

Willys got all of that--
"But, I don't have any stock piled and drying".
Bought himself a honkin' pair of Southern Prides on a trailer and just needs temporary help while he catches up on the wood supply side.

I got his back on this one--no problem!

TIM

Solidkick
07-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Bought himself a honkin' pair of Southern Prides on a trailer

Outstanding!