PDA

View Full Version : Mix'd bag of food

BBQ Bacon
02-27-2012, 08:48 AM
So this pas weekend did a little bit of a bunch of different things. Some home made cheez-its, some beignets, individual meatloaf and some very cheesy potatoes.

The recipe for the cheez-its came from http://christines-cuisine.blogspot.com/2012/02/homemade-cheez-its.html

I substituted Imperial cheese for the grated cheddar.

Ingredients

1 cup flour
4 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into small squares
8 oz. grated extra-sharp 2% cheddar cheese
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
kosher salt, for sprinkling

Directions
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients (except extra kosher salt) and pulse until crumbly.
2. Add cold water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until dough comes together (I used 3 Tbsp. of water). Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes until chilled.
3. Roll out dough between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper (in two batches). Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 1-inch squares. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
4. Bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
5. Remove from oven when crisp and brown. Allow to cool and serve or store in an airtight container.

And now for some pr0n!

fingerlickin'
02-27-2012, 11:16 AM
That all looks great! How'd you like the cheez-its?

BBQ Bacon
02-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Cheez-its were very cheesy. I made half the batch without sprinkling salt on them and they were much better. Otherwise too salty.

bigabyte
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Looks mighty good.:hungry:

cowgirl
02-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Everything looks great! I wish I had a bowl of those tatoes for lunch right now. :grin:

deguerre
02-27-2012, 01:41 PM
No kidding Jeanie. Those taters look killer.