PDA

View Full Version : Moinkballs

jcpetro97
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
We are having a luncheon in a couple of weeks, and I was thinking about making moinkballs. I am going to have to make them the day before, so I am wondering what the best way to warm them up will be. Should I put them in a crockpot, or is there a better way that I am not thinking about.

Smoke & Beers
02-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I've made literaly thousands of MOINKS that my kids have taken to school or that we have taken to parties or gatherings at work and many times I've made them the night before and put them in the fridge and into a crock pot to serve.
I will tell you that the bacon does get quite a bit darker after it has been reheated in a crock...which is not very appetizing to some...but others prefer it. Note that I do use a mix of rub and brown sugar, so that might be the cause of the darkening...but no matter what they look like... THEY STILL TASTE GREAT!

jcpetro97
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I've made literaly thousands of MOINKS that my kids have taken to school or that we have taken to parties or gatherings at work and many times I've made them the night before and put them in the fridge and into a crock pot to serve.
I will tell you that the bacon does get quite a bit darker after it has been reheated in a crock...which is not very appetizing to some...but others prefer it. Note that I do use a mix of rub and brown sugar, so that might be the cause of the darkening...but no matter what they look like... THEY STILL TASTE GREAT!

Very cool.. thanks!!! I appreciate it...

landarc
02-10-2012, 06:04 PM
If you have chafers, you can heat them up in a chafer with a little moisture added, works fine. It might take a little extra heating time though.

martyleach
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
My boys come home and put 3 or 4 on a small plate and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so... they love 'em!