PDA

View Full Version : Need a sponsor?

parrothead
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
http://www.duraflame.com/competitiveBBQ.html

Has anyone tried this charcoal?

BrooklynQ
07-13-2005, 01:49 PM
I was just reading that site. They're offering either the bricks or true hardwood. Might be worth sending in an application.

But to answer your question. No.

BBQchef33
07-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I sent in the application requesting sponsership for ALL the teams that fly our banner. See what happens.

HarryJ
07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
http://www.duraflame.com/competitiveBBQ.html

Has anyone tried this charcoal?

Must be brand new, first time I've ever seen it. The description doesn't sound too bad, but I wonder why they need any "natural starch binders"?
All the lump I've ever used comes in . . . . well . . . . lumps in the natural shape of the wood.

These are the same guys that make artificial fireplace log ya know.

I'll probaly pick up a bag to try based on their description if I run across any.

Harry
Rayne, LA

parrothead
07-13-2005, 09:18 PM
sent in the application requesting sponsership for ALL the teams that fly our banner. See what happens.

I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to try it first. I have not seen it anywhere.

BrooklynQ
07-13-2005, 09:20 PM
I can get it here in Brooklyn. I was thinking that it must be like match light cause its made by duruflame.
But according to their website there's not unnatural **** in the charcoal. Gonna have to pick it up

rbinms33
07-14-2005, 07:37 AM
I don't know what it is, but when I see the name Duraflame I instantly associate it with those firelogs that have some kind of accelerant in them. All natural might not be too bad though. I wonder how it's going to price next to my 2-24 # bags of Kingsford at Sam's for 10.98 once this little promo is over? I hate getting used to something only to have it get priced outside my budget.

Jorge
07-14-2005, 08:14 AM
I PMd Greg that I'd try it last night if I could find it when I was at Home Depot. I didn't find it there, but when I stopped by the grocery store for a few things I found a bag.

Either I got a bad bag, or it just plain sucks. Took forever to get a chimney going without dragging the fryer out. Didn't burn that even either. Glad I was just grilling steaks and some corn. I'll still give the lump a try if I see it around the the price is right.

Edited to add: I used the briq.

parrothead
07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
They have several varieties. Regular, like kingsford. A matchlight version, and a lump version.

rbinms33
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I finally saw some while I was in Kroger getting a prescription refilled. This was the briquettes and they had 2-20# bags for 9.99. I couldn't tell whether it was regular or matchlight version. I was assuming it was the matchlight version.

parrothead
07-14-2005, 12:45 PM
I think that the matchlight version comes in small bags. You light the whole bag all at once.