PDA

View Full Version : New toy.....my pron will never be the same!

LoneStarMojo
01-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Now I just have to get myself educated on how to put it to good use. I seem to remember seeing a thread or two here on the subject of Pron photography. I can"t wait to start practicing!

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/LoneStarMojo/CameraZOOM-20120129013812502.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

BBQ4FUN
01-29-2012, 07:37 AM
I have been looking at a new Canon 7D and Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens. I take a lot of pics of dirt track racing that I sponsor. They sure don't give them away though. :sad:

I have had the Rebel xTi for 5 years or so and love it. Just need some newer/faster equipment. You will LOVE that canon.

Dragonfly
01-29-2012, 07:39 AM
We will be waiting for your "practice" shots, enjoy!

LoneStarMojo
01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I have been looking at a new Canon 7D and Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens. I take a lot of pics of dirt track racing that I sponsor. They sure don't give them away though. :sad:

I have had the Rebel xTi for 5 years or so and love it. Just need some newer/faster equipment. You will LOVE that canon.

Thanks! I really look forward to using it. My wife has let me know that, due to her technologically challenged ways, I will be the one to be in charge of the 50D.

Coincidentally, there is a Canon 7D involved in my camera story. My 34 year old son is a notorious tight-wad who won't even pony up the bucks for a cell phone. But, he has a 4 year old son and wants to capture all the important moments of Indy's life with a camera. Thus he bought a Canon EOS 50D.

Well, after after 4 years and near 100,000 clicks the 50D has come to need shutter servicing. Rather than sink that money into servicing the 50D he's decided it's time for an upgrade and went out and bought himself a Canon 7D. In anticipation of Indy's soon-to-begin life in sports, he's also plunking down 2 grand more for a fancy telephoto lens.

He's a single dad and his Mom and I have helped him a lot with Indy (like that's a chore or something, lol) and when he bought his his new 7D he handed over the 50D to us and now we just have to get the shutter mechanism service or replaced. The shutter locks up about once every 10-20 photos and you get a service message of "err30". After a power off/on cycle shutter functionality returns for a while. We'll soon send it in for servicing and it'll be good as new. Not a bad deal at all.

By the way, I have a question for you Canon users here in the forum...Where do you prefer to get your out-of-warranty camera serviced?

JMSetzler
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the Canon family :) I have been using Canon SLRs since the 10d first arrived on the Market back in about 2002. Currently the 7d is my main rig with a 40d as my backup. Most of the pron I shoot for this website is done with my pocket Canon which is the SX210IS... I love that little camera...

BBQ4FUN
01-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the Canon family :) I have been using Canon SLRs since the 10d first arrived on the Market back in about 2002. Currently the 7d is my main rig with a 40d as my backup. Most of the pron I shoot for this website is done with my pocket Canon which is the SX210IS... I love that little camera...

So far all of my pr0n pics have been with my pocket Canon also. Takes great pics! Canon PowerShot S95 Black 10.0 MP 3.0" 461k LCD 3.8X Optical Zoom 28mm Wide Angle Digital Camera