PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Questions

Yakfishingfool
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
OK Guys, headed to the everglades in February and usually do a lot of cooking. I have about 70 pounds of pulled prk going for a party but also wanted to cook some pizza one evening and have a very limited source of heat. Actually the only thing I am taking is my 18" weber kettle with the short legs. My question is....can I get that grill hot enough, with a stone in it to make a really half way decent pizza? Looking for around 500 degrees or so. Anybody use one before with any success? Thanks. Scott

Sway
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
On one of my many Google searches I found some that did it. When we camp we make pizza, but we use flat bread and put it right on the grill, comes out great.

colonel00
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
You should be able to just fine. Normally, when I cook pizza I really only use 1 chimney of charcoal. In a 22.5" kettle this does not take up much space once I dump in the charcoal. So, I assume that you should be able to get the same results. If necessary, fill up the whole bottom of the smaller kettle with lit charcoal and let it get nice and hot.