PDA

View Full Version : Hot Summer Night Pr0n

buccaneer
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
36 degrees and stormclouds, humidity sucks.
We are spoiled usually, a very dry heat here much easier to tolerate so what to cook?
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/IBuccaneer/IMG_0162.jpg
Japanese inspired noodle salad.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/IBuccaneer/IMG_0163.jpg Teriyaki style beef
Looks so unimpressive but it was sooooo good.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/IBuccaneer/IMG_0164.jpg
Plated p, teriyaki style beef over buckwheat noodle salad with a chili lime soy dressing
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/IBuccaneer/Fajita-tomatillosalsa.jpg
Also had some strips of beef leftover so made some Brian (Smyter) inspired tomatillo salsa with the canned tomatillo I sourced here, and made fajita's.
Also used some of the wonderful sauce that my new buddy Eric and family sent TFO and I for the New Year.
This sauce is just sooo tasty.
Jack Daniels habanero sauce.
Thanks Eric, your generosity is about to be returned!:wink::bow:

as you can see, I am still missing my camera, sorry.

tish
01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
I assume you're talking 36 degrees Celsius? Here, it's 27 degrees Fahrenheit. Brrrr...
I don't know why you say that beef looks unimpressive. Looks amazing from where I'm sitting, bucc! :thumb:

caseydog
01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
36 degrees? Oh, you guys use that forrin temperature. :rolleyes: :becky:

Nice looking beef and noodles. :thumb:

CD

JONESY
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
36 I wish it was 36, we hit a high of 7f today. Whatever the temp, food looks awesome.

bigabyte
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Sure looks good from here!:hungry:

tish
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
36 I wish it was 36, we hit a high of 7f today. Whatever the temp, food looks awesome.

Good grief! :hand:

buccaneer
01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry, that's about 97 degrees F.
Not particularly hot for here, but with he air loaded with hot sticky moisture it is like being pressed up against a giant tongue.
Oh, stop it.:icon_blush:
You all know what I mean.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't trade the heat for freezing snow country, unless it was temporary.
Even in our mild winter I cook crazy rich foods too often.
They'd need a piano case to bury me if I lived there!

bbqchicken
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
that looks delicious. That Jack Daniels sauce sounds good, I need to get some.

buccaneer
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Oops, just realized I buggered up the fajita photo, fixed now!
Thanks guys!

tish
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh, wow! That looks ridiculously good! lol Serious drooling going on over here. We love fajitas!! :grin:

buccaneer
01-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Oh, wow! That looks ridiculously good! lol Serious drooling going on over here. We love fajitas!! :grin:

:heh: Yeah, I am seriously grateful for discovering tomatilloes and to Brian and a couple of other brethren taking the time to tell me how to get the best from them.:clap2:
The beef I cut in big tataki style slabs and charred it on a hot plate with two little pieces of mesquite. That way they stayed juicy rare in the middle but had time to colour up and catch some smoke flavour.
I am completely enraptured with the tomatilla salsa, and it is something so familiar to use, just make it by taste and no recipe!
My style fer sher!:heh:

Boshizzle
01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Delicious looking meal! :clap2:

And mentioning that it's summer time just rubs salt in the wounds. :cry: I'm freezing my buttocks off here in the Virginia winter in the evenings and mornings. And, we are having a mild winter so far.

Gore
01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Looks really nice from here, bucc. :hungry:

Phrasty
01-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorry, that's about 97 degrees F.
Not particularly hot for here, but with he air loaded with hot sticky moisture it is like being pressed up against a giant tongue.
Oh, stop it.:icon_blush:
You all know what I mean.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't trade the heat for freezing snow country, unless it was temporary.
Even in our mild winter I cook crazy rich foods too often.
They'd need a piano case to bury me if I lived there!

I know what that heat and humidity's like! :tsk: Not nice!

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Ahhhh, I remember the Fremantle Doctor cooling things off on those kinda days. Has climate change screwed that all up?

BDAABAT
01-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Bucc wrote: Sorry, that's about 97 degrees F.

Heh, that sounds like a typical summer day in Baltimore...where, right now, it's around 23 degrees F, with snow on the ground and freezing rain-snow mix falling from the sky.

Great looking and sounding grub!! I LOVE anything with a chili-soy-lime sauce!

Al Czervik
01-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Great looking meal Bucc! :hungry:

buccaneer
01-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Ahhhh, I remember the Fremantle Doctor cooling things off on those kinda days. Has climate change screwed that all up?
For others:
Sometime between 11am and 2 pm the ocean would send us a strong cool breeze and blow the heat from the interior deserts upward and so we named that breeze the Fremantle Doctor.
It cured our ills on hot summer days and made us all better.
Nowadays the climate has altered vastly. The Freo doctor just doesn't get in at all too often, the searing winds from the deserts just roll overland out to the ocean and we feel like we are melting.
Children are like little barometers around here. All listless and limp, but it is so great to watch them perk up and come alive when the Freo doctor cools the air down.
I hope it isn't just memories but it might be.
The sun isn't going to get any cooler or smaller but the opposite so...:faint:

Bbq Bubba
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Outstanding! :thumb: