PDA

View Full Version : christmas partty Fattie Pr0n

davefan360
12-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Well Friends of my girlfriends were in town this past week from Vegas so a bunch of our friends and their kids got together for a party. She (my gf) asked if I would not change my day off that week so I could do some things around the house to get ready. I said sure I will. Have a day off the same day as a party? Sounds like a good reason to fire up one of the smokers. List of things on the menu for the day.
1. A chicken breast, mac and cheese fattie.
2. Chili and ground beef fattie
3. Ground beef, veggie and cheese fattie
4. Pork tenderloin
5. Tender venison

1. Chicken breast flattened out in a zip-loc bag, then placed some cold mac and cheese in on top, rolled dusted with some sweet rub, then wrapped in bacon I added some sweet/spicy bbq sauce with about an hour left in the cook.
2. Ground beef flattened in a zip-loc bag; spread some smoked chili (I made this chili about a week ago. It was brisket, ground beef, tomatoes, onions, spices) a hot brat, rolled, wrapped in bacon and then topped with chili paste( I drained out the water from the chili and mixed with flower and more spices to thicken it up.)
3. Just ground beef, yellow and orange peppers, some cheese wrapped in bacon
4. I rubbed it over night with some sweetheat bbq rub I made
5. just salt and pepper
I smoked it on my offset grill w/ firebox over hickory and some apple. With about an hour or so left I added some hot coals under the cook grate to speed things up some.
Everything was tasty. Half of the fatties got eaten at the party the rest I took into work.
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/droptine27/?action=view&current=005-Copy-1-1.jpg#!oZZ9QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1083.photobuck et.com%2Falbums%2Fj385%2Fdroptine27%2F%3Faction%3D view%26current%3D013-Copy.jpg

tortaboy
12-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Looks good to me. How did you get your chicken so flat without tearing?

davefan360
12-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Tortaboy" I put a pound of chicken breast into a gallon zip-loc bag, then carefuly took a meat hamer and beat the heck out of it untill it filled the bag flat. kind of a pain to roll

FromthePitBBQ
12-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Looks delicious!!

Did you have to flip the chicken when it was cooking to keep it from burning on one side?

fingerlickin'
12-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Dude, that chicken fatty sounds bangin'! It's now on the list.

jeffjenkins1
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Those look really good!

Nice job.

Jeff

davefan360
12-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I did not have to flip it, but I did becasue I moved them around the grill two or three times because I added more meat.