PDA

View Full Version : Zero Club Question

tortaboy
12-09-2011, 11:00 PM
How do I qualify for the zero club? Do I have to enter the throwdown forum and get no responses....or will any old thread do? :doh:

Al Czervik
12-09-2011, 11:21 PM
In order to gain entry into the Zero Club, you must submit an entry into a Throwdown and received no votes for it once the polls are closed... If you have any other questions, I would suggest you contact deguerre as he is one of the resident experts on the matter... :heh:

tortaboy
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
In order to gain entry into the Zero Club, you must submit an entry into a Throwdown and received no votes for it once the polls are closed... If you have any other questions, I would suggest you contact deguerre as he is one of the resident experts on the matter... :heh:

That bites. I'm forming my own zero club. If nobody posts to my thread within 24 hours, I qualify. Why should you Throwdown guys get all the glory? :icon_shy

Signed,
Official member of the new and improved zero club

NorthwestBBQ
12-09-2011, 11:40 PM
That bites. I'm forming my own zero club. If nobody posts to my thread within 24 hours, I qualify. Why should you Throwdown guys get all the glory? :icon_shy

Signed,

Good idea. If someone does not reply to one of my threads in 24 seconds I get worried. :becky:

Al Czervik
12-10-2011, 12:16 AM

Signed,

That's your call so more power to you brother... :becky:

You ought to give the Throwdowns a shot though... We have loads of fun and are always looking for more brethren to participate. I know Michael had fun in the ones he entered. :thumb:

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 12:32 AM
That's your call so more power to you brother... :becky:

You ought to give the Throwdowns a shot though... We have loads of fun and are always looking for more brethren to participate. I know Michael had fun in the ones he entered. :thumb:

Thanks for the invite bro, but I've seen the competition. I couldn't bribe my way to winning a Throwdown. :faint:

Plus...my wife already thinks I'm nuts for taking the pics of my food for the occasional pron.

Al Czervik
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the invite bro, but I've seen the competition. I couldn't bribe my way to winning a Throwdown. :faint:

Plus...my wife already thinks I'm nuts for taking the pics of my food for the occasional pron.

You sell yourself short my friend... If you can put together cooks like this

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59306&stc=1&d=1323307981

you can certainly hold your own in a Throwdown... :thumb:

Worst case is you get to join the Zero Club with the rest of us losers... :heh:

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 12:45 PM

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59306&stc=1&d=1323307981

Thanks Al! Very nice of you.:icon_blush:

It would be interesting to compare pics when this site first started, to now. I always read about how competition are getting tougher as more people get into bbq....have the presented dishes on this site also gotten progressively better? Anyone know?

LMAJ
12-10-2011, 12:53 PM
It would be interesting to compare pics when this site first started, to now. I always read about how competition are getting tougher as more people get into bbq....have the presented dishes on this site also gotten progressively better? Anyone know?
You are in luck! Ron_L posted this link not too long ago - it's the first throwdown - July 2008...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46670

tish
12-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I've never actually looked, but you could go back into the throwdown archives and check for yourself. :wink:

colonel00
12-10-2011, 12:55 PM

+1 You don't have to be a professional photographer or a master chef to have fun. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy the TD's is it motivates me to try new things or come up with creative ways to do things I have done forever.

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
+1 You don't have to be a professional photographer or a master chef to have fun. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy the TD's is it motivates me to try new things or come up with creative ways to do things I have done forever.

I've got my loving wife to motivate me. She's a bad liar, so if she doesn't like something, she doesn't have to say it.:doh:

The funny part is, I started this thread about ZERO because of this thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121832

My original post had nothing to do with throwdowns, my cooking, etc.

Please, if you know someone that has put a Big Steel Keg/Bubba Keg into a table, hook a brother up with the intro.

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I've never actually looked, but you could go back into the throwdown archives and check for yourself. :wink:

Tish, Tish, Tish....how little you know of the boundaries of my laziness.:heh:

colonel00
12-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I've got my loving wife to motivate me. She's a bad liar, so if she doesn't like something, she doesn't have to say it.:doh:

The funny part is, I started this thread about ZERO because of this thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121832

My original post had nothing to do with throwdowns, my cooking, etc.

Please, if you know someone that has put a Big Steel Keg/Bubba Keg into a table, hook a brother up with the intro.

Well, if you are only looking for BSK owners then you might have a limited audience. Many people, probably including myself, saw that title and moved on because it didn't apply to us. Now, if you had phrased it as "Looking for advice for building my cooker into a table" you would have probably had plenty of people chiming in with experiences. Granted, most would not be directly related to a BSK but they could still help address some of your questions. And, for what it's worth, I can't say that I have ever seen someone build a BSK into a table but I cannot see any reason you couldn't with the proper awareness of heat and safety concerns.

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, if you are only looking for BSK owners then you might have a limited audience. Many people, probably including myself, saw that title and moved on because it didn't apply to us. Now, if you had phrased it as "Looking for advice for building my cooker into a table" you would have probably had plenty of people chiming in with experiences. Granted, most would not be directly related to a BSK but they could still help address some of your questions. And, for what it's worth, I can't say that I have ever seen someone build a BSK into a table but I cannot see any reason you couldn't with the proper awareness of heat and safety concerns.

Hi Colonel,

I don't know if your assumption is correct. The physical structure of the BSK is different than primo's and BGE's that are commonly seen in tables. I've even read through the BSK forums, and though there is one thread that asks about doing it...all I read about is the issues in trying to do it.

I'd post the question on the BSK forums, but for some reason, my computer seems to have a problem with that site.

colonel00
12-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Are you asking if you can build a table for a BSK or if a BSK will fit into a table designed for a BGE?

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm asking if anyone has ever seen a BSK in a table? I've seen the question talked discussed, debated, troubleshooted...but I have never seen a BSK in any table. One thread I read had a CAD drawing of the table from the NakedWiz site (BGE table)...that was just one persons starting point. I have no idea if he succeeded.

My instincts tell me there is a reason why I cannot find any pics of a Happy BSK owner sitting in a table.

Al Czervik
12-10-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm asking if anyone has ever seen a BSK in a table?

Here... This may help. I haven't ever seen a BSK in a table.

BTW, what is a BSK? :heh:

landarc
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I think many of us have had a post, or two, that no responses, I am pretty sure my first Vegan/Tofu post went that route. I suspect that the reason a lot of BSK folks don't put the unit in a table is that they are meant to be more mobile than a BGE. Hence, why put it in a table it doesn't need.

As the cause of the Zero Club, due to my whining about getting a Golden Goose Egg after entering a perfect naked fatty and getting zero action, I have to say, that the Zero Club was never meant to be about failing, it was meant to celebrate the irony of doing a great cook and not getting any votes. I, naturally, blame Gore and Ecode for all of my zeroes.

gtr
12-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I just wasn't aware that people wouldn't vote for a medical mishap on a biscuit.

tortaboy
12-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Here... This may help. I haven't ever seen a BSK in a table.

BTW, what is a BSK? :heh:

Big Steel Keg, Bubba Grill, whatever the compan decides to call it this week.