PDA

View Full Version : SmACk TaWK Would now be..

Scottie
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Would now be a good time to announce me and Quau's class to raise money for cancer research. Every thread is cooking classes.... :rolleyes: :becky:

LoneStar Smoke Rangers
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Would now be a good time to announce me and Quau's class to raise money for cancer research. Every thread is cooking classes.... :rolleyes: :becky:

LOL!!! :clap:

Nice!!! I missed out on the Worland class because I was at Rockin Ribs in Salt Lake. Post the dates and I'm there!!! :thumb:

Butcher BBQ
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I was just looking at that also.

JD McGee
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey why not Scottie! Wow...a lot of heavy hitters doing cooking classes this year...gonna be an interesting comp season! Good luck with your fund raiser...we will not be able to attend but will send a donation in support (like last year)...have fun!
JD

SCSmoke
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Don't just tease:tape:....How about some dates

musicmanryann
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Alright, out with it. :becky:

NRA4Life
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a great time! Will you be cooking on the Jambo for the class?

Rich Parker
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Are the refreshers free like the CBJ class? :tongue:

What category is Mike cooking this year?

Mrs. McFrankenboo
12-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm going to be putting up my cooking class too. It involves the intricate details of the Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich and for an extra fee, I will show you my special Corn Salad in a Can recipe. (I blame Jim for making me fat because I was A LOT thinner when I was single!) :sad:

Scottie
12-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Because of the spankings that CSC gave Quau this year, he asked if he could take notes... :becky:

If I have the Jambo back from Jamie by then it will be fired up. At both classes probably.. Although there might already be a few Jambo's at one of the classes. :becky:

Muzzlebrake
12-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I plan on attending the class........ as long you can keep that Mai Tai recipe secret.

those things hurt!:hail:

Jorge
12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
If I have the Jambo back from Jamie by then it will be fired up. At both classes probably.. Although there might already be a few Jambo's at one of the classes. :becky:

The list of likely candidates is pretty impressive:becky: A champion or two come to mind.... Looking forward to the announcement!

Scottie
12-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I plan on attending the class........ as long you can keep that Mai Tai recipe secret.

those things hurt!:hail:

That's breakfast juice...

Cue's Your Daddy
12-12-2011, 07:11 AM
With people wanting an accurate description of every class that is taken, aka the swamp boy BS(which I can tell swamp boy is a stand up guy) here is mine. If u don't like it being cold, it doesn't matter because the class is inside. In a real cool setup. Class room style but u are allowed to literally stand up right next to him to see what he is doing. I think someone kissed his neck they were so close. If u want to see his sister and Quau throw fresh slaps at him then this is the class for you. If u want to hang out with bbq competitors and past winners( a former jack daniels winner was taking the class) then this is for you. The quality teams that were present and the questions that they asked helped to because u might not have thought to ask something and there question might help u as well. The gift bag we brought home was insane. Flying with poobah from long island and hanging and meeting new brethren was awesome. The food he served for dinner and breakfast INSANE. And let's be honest, everything presented in the class is not always new to you. But I have to say, the way he prepares his pork was a new technique to me and I remember looking at poobah and we both said to eachother "well that was just worth the money". And also, part of the fee is tax deductable. And its for a good cause. We all hope and pray that we will never lose a spouse or a mother to our kids, and what scotties does in her honor and memory is a true compliment to the man he is. I would take his class. Do I know 100 percent that he is showing me everything that he does. No. BUT, with what we learned and the techniques he taught, even if they weren't, they were still 100 times more then I knew before. But from what I learned I can't see it not being everything. I filled up a notebook of notes and took about 153 pictures. You are also not going to agree with everything he says or shows in his technique. And that is fine. But maybe he says something that makes u think of something u can do. I had a blast. I am also not one of those guys that u see saying I took his class and now I won 5 or 6 gc and rgc. Nope. But I do feel that my product put out at comps is much better. We do have top tens to prove that. U also have to remember that phil and I flew in from long island had to get a hotel room for 2 nights. So that added to the expense but I can still say it was 100% worth it. U are able to ask questions to scottie and quau and even the other people in our class. Some being jbrink, kenv, and the 3rd jack daniels winner in our class. U KIDDING ME. Was gold.the discussions among the people we were sitting next to was even better because one guy would say I kind of do that but I also do this so there was a ton of brainstorming all around the classroom. I loved the class. Now hoping the wife let's me take the IQUE class. 4 hours and 20 minute ride on mapquest.

Rich Parker
12-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I attended the 2010 class before I ever competed and had an awesome time. Like Paul said it is great to hear the stories and the banter between them. Scottie shares everything and will answer all of your questions honestly and of course Mike will talk about bbq as long as you can. The goody bags were the best I have ever received, and I am not sure if Uncle Bub's is catering again but they provided a fantastic spread for dinner and breakfast.

You get way more than your moneys worth at this class and the satisfaction of helping fund cancer research just puts it over the top.

I still refer back to my notes when practicing. :-D