PDA

View Full Version : Chicken (NOT) Burnt Ends Second Try

tortaboy
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
To all the Brethen that commented how good the Chicken (Not) Burnt Ends looked yesterday...I gotta tell ya, You're Fricken Blind.:becky: BUT...you are EXTREMELY nice and that is more important.

Because of you, I continued until I got this chit right. Thanks for being the cool Brethen that you are!

What did I do differently today? Just added BBQ sauce and put them back on the cooker to darken them up. HUGE Difference.

Take a look at the Before (Yesterdays) Pron, and the After (Today's).

Yesterday vs Today

SmokinOkie
12-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Picture is better today.

What changed, more sauce?

If I was going to do CBE, I'd use some skin and some fat. What makes Burnt Ends grease is the amount of fat and the texture you get.

Maybe try some thighs in there also.

thirtydaZe
12-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Gotta tell ya, they both look appealing to me. i'll have to go back and look at the original post.

ClintHTX
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Gotta tell ya, they both look appealing to me. i'll have to go back and look at the original post.

This. Both look pretty good to me.

forrest2906
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Now I am hungry for chicken....

tortaboy
12-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks Guys.

What changed is more time on the smoke along with some sauce this time.

My wife hates dark meat, so thighs are out. Besides, well marinated breasts are
pretty darn juicy.

This one was a keeper. Got some new ideas coming up.

Al Czervik
12-08-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm down with this too... But ya gotta move the pieces so they aren't touching each other... :heh:

tortaboy
12-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm down with this too... But ya gotta move the pieces so they aren't touching each other... :heh:

I thought you'd notice that and be freaked out. :heh:

Al Czervik
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
I thought you'd notice that and be freaked out. :heh:

You think I'm just talking about the chicken don't you? I mean the rice too... :crazy: