PDA

View Full Version : Injection ?

lazy butt
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Which pork injection is better and why. Butcher bbq pork injection or Smoke On Wheels pork injection. thanks

Ron_L
12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I think you'll get a lot of polarization on this one. I've used both and both turned out great! Teams using both in competitions do well. It's really up to your personal taste.

HoDeDo
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
They act differently on the meat, and also have a different flavor profile, so I would say try both and see what fits the flavors you like... and fits with the rubs and sauces you use.

I would say another important difference is that Butchers is a Phosphate, mine is not. I know there are some people that actually use them together. 1 cup SoW, 1 Cup Water, 3/4 cup Butchers Pork... Some folks inject with Butchers, and wrap with mine...

I would definitely try both and see what you think - the real opinion that matters is yours!

Flavor Gangster
12-05-2011, 08:31 AM
They act differently on the meat, and also have a different flavor profile, so I would say try both and see what fits the flavors you like... and fits with the rubs and sauces you use.

I would say another important difference is that Butchers is a Phosphate, mine is not. I know there are some people that actually use them together. 1 cup SoW, 1 Cup Water, 3/4 cup Butchers Pork... Some folks inject with Butchers, and wrap with mine...

I would definitely try both and see what you think - the real opinion that matters is yours!

I picked up some SOW at the Jack this year. Have not tried it yet, but I am pretty sure I will inject with Salt, Water Phosphate and then wrap with SOW.

big brother smoke
12-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I cannot comment on Butcher's due to lack of experience. However, SOW is the Cat's meow!