PDA

View Full Version : Want to smoke a fatty only have limited items

ClintHTX
11-28-2011, 07:14 PM
My wife got some seasoned pork sausage from a friend. I want to smoke it tonight so I can have some breakfast for tomorrow. Would it be any good to put a naked fatty on the smoker with some pepper jack cheese?

Bigdog
11-28-2011, 07:18 PM
You bet!:cool: I'm assuming that you are going to roll the sausage around the cheese. Now this is not a naked fatty IMHO.

viper1
11-28-2011, 07:23 PM
My wife got some seasoned pork sausage from a friend. I want to smoke it tonight so I can have some breakfast for tomorrow. Would it be any good to put a naked fatty on the smoker with some pepper jack cheese?

I would throw in some scrambled eggs ,some home fries, Onions and peppers. Roll it up Sprinkle with salt ,black pepper,onion powder maybe a small amount chili powder and cayenne.
Then smoke.

thirdeye
11-28-2011, 07:32 PM
You have endless choices.... as a bare minimum I will add some extra pepper to the outside if it's a sweet breakfast sausage -or- add a sweeter rub to the outside if it's a hot sausage.

Here's an easy way to get a fatty nice and tight. Roll, tie a knot in one end and twist the other. Chill for awhile.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/thirdeye2/Barbeque/307b2f6e.jpg

BigBobBQ
11-28-2011, 09:15 PM
heck yeah I would use what ever I had on hand and go for it.

Harbormaster
11-28-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd go nekkid, slice the pepper jack and put the cheese on hot slices of nekkid fatty on a biscuit. Add a fried egg for good measure.

Good stuff, Maynard.

Bigdog
11-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I'd go nekkid, slice the pepper jack and put the cheese on hot slices of nekkid fatty on a biscuit. Add a fried egg for good measure.

Good stuff, Maynard.

There ya go.:cool:

Then add a V-8 for good measure. It was a fav of our dear friend kcquer.

Jack of Spades
11-29-2011, 11:39 AM

Yep, that's exactly what I do. Well when I can keep people from eating the sliced fatty...those go as fast as ABT's sometimes.

TIMMAY
11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
The possibilities are endless! You can put whatever you want in that fatty. ANYTHING. from onions to eggs to apple pie filling, turkey with stuffing gravy and cranberries, taco fixins, don't matter. You could even put some maple sausage in there with bacon. Or any other sort of sausage. How bout a biscuits and gravy fatty?

dig around in the cabinets I am sure you can find more to go in there than just cheese.:thumb:

Divemaster
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I would shred the cheese and mix it in with the sausage. Reform it like Thirdeye showed and then cook it up!

The cheese on the outside browns up just a bit when smoking and adds a TON of flavor!

Groundhog66
11-29-2011, 01:30 PM
You should probably be banned for asking that question :heh: