PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all

MIKEMAC
11-24-2011, 08:16 PM
I just wanted to take a second to thank you. I am very new to smoking and really didn't know what it was until a couple of months ago when a new employee at my shop started bringing in some barbecue for us to check out. I have always been really good with a grill and love to treat my friends and family with good food. I have had my smoker now for around a month, maybe a little more and just hosted Thanksgiving at my house and had 22 people show up. I had a little catastrophe as one of my turkey breasts went bad, because I didn't know it wouldn't stay in the fridge longer than 2 days, but you live and learn. I went searching for another minimally processed turkey breast this morning, but as anyone would expect, there were none to be found. I had to get a honeybaked ham to go along with my one remaining, 6lb turkey breast. Everyone loved the turkey. There was none left. Of course honeybaked hams are good but the dogs got to eat most of it. The turkey was a huge hit. I have you all to thank for my cooking skills and just wanted to say: Thank you.

bbqbull
11-24-2011, 08:23 PM
There is a huge amount of knowledge here.
All you have to do is share what you know, ask if you need advice.
That is how we roll here.

BigBobBQ
11-24-2011, 11:44 PM
congrats on a cook well done, and yes this group is awesome they have helped my cooking go from so-so to really good.

smokingj
11-24-2011, 11:57 PM
We all make mistakes and it's the only way your gonna learn in my book. Congrats on a successful dinner.