PDA

View Full Version : Beef Loin Ribs

Jeff_in_KC
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
In all the years I've been smoking, I have never done beef ribs until a half rack caught my eye at Wally World this morning. I rubbed with SGH and a little Obie-Que's Double Garlic salt and put in at 300) with a few slabs of babybacks for a party tonight. So the beef ribs appear done. About how long do they generally take? They've only been in about 90 minutes! :shocked:

LMAJ
11-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Brisket on a stick... takes that long. Typically for me it's in the 5-6 hour range - but probe em - what's the temp and tenderness?

And Dang you Jeff - now I want beef ribs!!!

Jeff_in_KC
11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I think this one was a little thin cut by whoever butchered it! The thing is about to fall apart between each bone and the top is big time shiner city! Only been on a little over 2 hours now. I just wrapped them and let them go. I think I should have wrapped at about 90 minutes.

KnucklHed BBQ
11-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah those style are pretty common, very little meat on them, prolly are close to done... BOS (brisket onna stick) are usually called beef chuck back ribs if I remember right, usually cut individually and 1/2 the length, but totally worth it!, and yeah, about 5-6 hours for that kind...

LMAJ
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I think this one was a little thin cut by whoever butchered it! The thing is about to fall apart between each bone and the top is big time shiner city! Only been on a little over 2 hours now. I just wrapped them and let them go. I think I should have wrapped at about 90 minutes.

Well? Well??? Huh huh huh?? How are they????

Gore
11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
The ones I get from the Asian market are pretty meaty. I cook them like BBs, but add at least an hour! Love to find out how they came out.

Boshizzle
11-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I believe last time I cooked them it took about 3.5 to 4 hours and I used foil. They do shrink up quite a bit but they should come out tender and very tasty. Good luck.

Cloudsmoker
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Ummmm .... Glad somebody asked.