PDA

View Full Version : Reheating Ribs?

SirPorkaLot
11-14-2011, 06:13 PM
What is the best way to precook and then reheat/serve ribs?

I have full slabs and plan to cook one evening, and serve the next.

My thought is to cook full slabs (no foil) then trim to St. louis style prior to reheating, but I do not know of this is best way or not?

Code3BBQ
11-14-2011, 06:25 PM
You will likely get a few variations. This works for me though. I cook completely, light glaze, wrap in saran, foil, vacuum seal. To re-heat I remove them from the vacuum seal, foil and saran warp. Spritz with some light apple sauce, re-use the foil to tent them and put them in the oven on 250 for about 15-20 minutes. Hope this helps.

SirPorkaLot
11-14-2011, 06:45 PM
You will likely get a few variations. This works for me though. I cook completely, light glaze, wrap in saran, foil, vacuum seal. To re-heat I remove them from the vacuum seal, foil and saran warp. Spritz with some light apple sauce, re-use the foil to tent them and put them in the oven on 250 for about 15-20 minutes. Hope this helps.

I like the use of Saran in both keeping the juices in and in reheating.

Thanks

cdollar
11-14-2011, 06:53 PM
When I cook to reheat later, I pull them off about 1/2 hour before they are done, wrap in foil and let them cool.
I wrap them in plastic wrap, put them in the frig until they reach max low temp, then into the freezer to freeze. Once they are frozen I vacuum pack them and back into the freezer.
Never put room temp meat in a freezer, it wrecks the cells.
To reheat and serve, I thaw them out, and then usually baste with honey and squeeze margarine, or sauce, depending.

Then foil tightly and into a 325 degree oven for about an hour to finish the process.

This has always worked for me.

You could always grill the ribs over a grill either whole or separated, too, ALA Sonny Bryan's.

Chuck