PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced Southern Boy Says...

BoarneSupremacy
05-26-2005, 05:04 PM
...hello. Nope. Screwed that up. In Jersey, now...

...ahem...

How the @#$% are you doin?

I've been in NJ for less than a year and can't find good BBQ. So, I've decided to make my own. I'm good with a grill, but I am new to smoking. One of my Arkansas buddies hooked me up with this site. I'm already dying to learn.

I have long since scrapped the gas grill abomination (Gas grills are teh suck) and have just received my smoker that I ordered off the internet. I couldn't find a decent one anywhere in Jersey.

I bought a Brinkmann Smoke 'N' Pit Professional after looking all over for a NB without any luck. I didn't know they'd been bought out. I plan on putting it together this weekend and get the pre-burn going.

Thanks for the site, and I'll go back to lurking and reading.

Solidkick
05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Pink-lunged Novice Smoker

That thar is funny!!

Welcome my new brother!! If it can be learned, it's being taught here on the site!!
Glad you found us! Now..........get to readin'..........and ask questions.....we like questions........

Bigmista
05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the site B.S.!

You will learn a lot here Be sure to share what you know and what learn.

And take lots of pictures we love to see mistakes and successes. Basically, we just like to see food!!!

Join the fray and have a ball!!

Mista

Kevin
05-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Welcome BS, got a Smokin Pit Pro out back. Pay attention to these fellows. They know their stuff.

BrooklynQ
05-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Welcome to a fellow Yankee!

How ya doin?

Where in Jersey are you? Zack's is opening in Elizabeth on Memorial Day weekend. Don't know about the restaurant yet, it's not open, but the pitmaster knows his ****.

Ron_L
05-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey! How YOU doin'?

Welcome!

Trout_man22
05-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Welcome

BoarneSupremacy
05-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Welcome to a fellow Yankee!

While it is true I live in Yankee land, I was born and raised in Arkansas, Little Rock to be exact. HickoryNut on this board is the one who referred me and is someone I worked with before accepting the job transfer.

I do like Jersey so far, though. I'm far from a Yankee, though. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Where in Jersey are you? Zack's is opening in Elizabeth on Memorial Day weekend. Don't know about the restaurant yet, it's not open, but the pitmaster knows his sh#t.

I live in Middletown with a Red Bank mailing address, one of those situations, but I commute to work in Cranford every day. Let me know where Zack's is going to be, and I'll be there to try it out.

jgh1204
05-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Little Rock is way North of me. Hell, most of the South is North of me.

BBQchef33
05-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Got relatives in Cranford. dont ask where... just know its about an hour and a half drive from me. Welcome to our humble abode!!... grab a beer..and a log.

jt
05-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the fray!

Arlin_MacRae
05-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Welcome, brother Boarne!
Love the avatar.
You're off to a good start!

Arlin

spicewine
05-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Welcome Brother

Aeynghus
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Greetings Brother. Now go cook some meat!

frognot
05-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Little Rock is way North of me. Hell, most of the South is North of me.

jgh1204, unless we got a brother in Key West, yer probably as far south as it gits. :lol:

Welcome aboard, Bro BS (actually gotta lotta Bro BSers here). Ain't nothing wrong with being a Yankee.

Now, a DamnYankee is another matter . . .

BrooklynQ
05-27-2005, 01:36 PM

Thats me!

frognot
05-27-2005, 05:34 PM

Thats me!

Nah, yer a DamnGoodYankee. i'd even declare you an Honorary Texan for yer BBQ fanaticism. :lol:

BrooklynQ
05-27-2005, 05:42 PM
:oops:

icemn62
05-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Welcome

HickoryNut
05-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Sold his soul to the mighty dollar and moved up north where there ain't a hickory stick nowhere. Nympho Stacy is back at work from her surgery, she got her twat tightened ya know. She likes the way my Porsche tickles it when its idling. Hell of a life being the only rooster in the henhouse nowdays, take your time doing that NJ thing, hehe.

Solidkick
05-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Sold his soul to the mighty dollar and moved up north where there ain't a hickory stick nowhere. Nympho Stacy is back at work from her surgery, she got her twat tightened ya know. She likes the way my Porsche tickles it when its idling. Hell of a life being the only rooster in the henhouse nowdays, take your time doing that NJ thing, hehe.
One of my Arkansas buddies hooked me up with this site. I'm already dying to learn.

Was ready to edit/delete (moderator mod) until I put the two together! Still not sure ol' Hickory shouldn't clean this up a little........

parrothead
05-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Welcome!

nmayeux
05-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Welcome! After joining this group, I realized that the best BBQ is my own. I did not realize the difference when you take the time and the effort, the difference it makes. To be honest, it has taken the fun out of going to the local BBQ joints. I hope you learn as much as I have, and have a great time talking with us.
Noah

kcquer
05-30-2005, 09:13 AM
I'll go back to lurking and reading.

Researching on your own is a good thing, lots of great info hidden in the archives, but don't be shy about posting questions, hell answersing questions is what we're here for!! Welcome Brother!!

BoarneSupremacy
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
@#$% of a life being the only rooster in the henhouse nowdays, take your time doing that NJ thing, hehe.

I had the rumored and also imaginary love life of every man's dreams at that plant. Supposedly, I got more *ahem* than a toilet seat. If only it could have been true, I'da been a legend. As it stands, HickoryNut has me beat.

Was ready to edit/delete (moderator mod) until I put the two together! Still not sure ol' Hickory shouldn't clean this up a little........

I would guess HickoryNut was well on his way to a case of beer by the time this post was made. Thanks for leaving it out there long enough for me to see it.

B.S.

Neil
06-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Welcome aboard BS, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do. Just spent the weekend down in your old neck of the woods, have relatives in Quitman just south of Heber Springs. Wife bought me my Bandera last year at the Wallyworld in Conway which then led me to this wonderful site and a host of new brothers and friends.

dapittboss
06-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Welcome home, brother

Bigdog
06-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the site.