PDA

View Full Version : WHERE WAS THE THE BRETHREN FLAGS OR Colors???

Bama Q
10-22-2011, 08:58 PM
All the brethren teams in the Jack , WHERE WAS THE THE BRETHREN FLAGS OR Colors??? A proud moment for bbq-brethren and very few colors displayed, As i walked looking for colors, there were few!!! Get to the big time and screw the brethren.
I did meet one nice gentleman, That had a brethren logo on the side of his bbq trailer, I told him Hi, and wished him good luck. Next came a piece of brisket. UMMM Good. That the way I in-vision the bbq brethren's way.

nthole
10-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I know not every Brethren team has a banner, so it's probably not malicious. Even if they had it and forgot to hang it...with the Jack cook on their mind, I think that's understandable.

blues_n_cues
10-22-2011, 11:01 PM
here's 1 i got.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/gypsyseagod/kidsthejack2011010.jpg

we got to meet a couple long time net buddies & missed a few but it was great & a shout out to the 1 backyard team i hooked up w/ a link to this place.
they offered a rib & my girl loves ribs, funny how they thought i was sacrificing it for my daughter so they ran me down w/ a few more bonesfor myself-which promptly went to the rib hound...lol.:thumb::thumb:

we may have a new comp team on the site if they followed my lead.

Sledneck
10-22-2011, 11:08 PM
2009 jack
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j447/r2bq/565aa724.jpg

BLUECHIP BBQ
10-23-2011, 08:35 AM
how does one get a banner?

BBQ Bandit
10-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Here's the details....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24666

MilitantSquatter
10-23-2011, 09:38 AM
All the brethren teams in the Jack , WHERE WAS THE THE BRETHREN FLAGS OR Colors??? A proud moment for bbq-brethren and very few colors displayed, As i walked looking for colors, there were few!!! Get to the big time and screw the brethren.
I did meet one nice gentleman, That had a brethren logo on the side of his bbq trailer, I told him Hi, and wished him good luck. Next came a piece of brisket. UMMM Good. That the way I in-vision the bbq brethren's way.

There's kind of two sides to brethren membership related to comp teams..

those that are active, embrace the culture, participate in other areas of the forum and learned here before they competed.. and then there's some teams that just occasionally post &/or lurk here specifically for the comp talk.... which is fine too.

Ron_L
10-23-2011, 09:45 AM

The banner program is on temporary hold. There were some issues with the company providing the banners. Phil is working out an alternative so please hang on.

Ron_L
10-23-2011, 09:47 AM
here's 1 i got.
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/gypsyseagod/kidsthejack2011010.jpg

Dennis always flies the Brethren banner! He doesn't post much, but the banner is always up.

Rich Parker
10-23-2011, 11:20 AM
You can't doubt someones appreciation or commitment to the forum by having a banner.

There's kind of two sides to brethren membership related to comp teams..

those that are active, embrace the culture, participate in other areas of the forum and learned here before they competed.. and then there's some teams that just occasionally post &/or lurk here specifically for the comp talk.... which is fine too.

You forgot the third side.... the to cheap to purchase a banner. :becky:

FatBoyz
10-23-2011, 01:09 PM
ive been a member here for a good long time and i dont have a flag... but there have been alot of probs with getting them made i know phil trys hard. i still am very prowed to be a member. if ever one here had a flag most comps would look craze lol... so i would have to say if your flag aint up you probably just dont have one. ps if anyone want to sell there old one im buyin

blues_n_cues
10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
wel i took the link & whether i cater or contest- igf you take the link after the link- ya gotta subscribe...

sorry, i'm a well regarded & trusted member of 4 BBQ sites, 3 musician sites,& 3 commercial fishing sites just to name a few... i'd love to drop some coin for a subscription but i drop my camera enough & due to my music gear & vintage buyer thing.. not to mention 6 kids.. i'm frikkin' poor...

that said, i'd fly the brethren flag or banner proudly next to all my other stuff & provide a link back here or log on & let a person be live if i had all that fancy crap & a wifly laptop. other than that i hand out my bisyness card & write this & a couple other sites on the back of the card..:thumb:

blues_n_cues
10-23-2011, 01:48 PM
oh,, what i meant to say was... poobah, when ya get it done & fixed i want 1...:becky: if ya can't get it fixed you can always use my guy(even though it's out of your state) they do anyone & the tm deal is not a problem.

QueNivorous
10-24-2011, 08:28 AM
We'd fly the flag "IF" we had one. We'd buy the flag "IF" we knew where to buy it.

Bigdog
10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Please have patience with the banner issue. It is a cool problem that we have all these teams that want to fly the Brethren banner.:cool: I'm sure that Phil will eventually get the problem figured out and start printing again. Understand that we and esp. Phil are very proud of the banner and what it represents and want only quality banners and quality people to fly them...and no one has waited longer than me for a quality flag at a resonable price.

deguerre
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Well, were you wearing a Brethren T-Shirt? The teams could have recognized YOU then.:becky: