PDA

View Full Version : It's earily, but holiday smoke?

Arkantex
10-14-2011, 08:31 PM
I know we have a good month before Thanksgiving and 2 before Christmas, but its the earily bird that gets thrown on the smoker! We are having thanksgiving at our house and we will be gone for Christmas. Not really sure what I am going to smoke up for Thanksgiving and so I am hoping you guys can give me some ideas with your plans. So, what do you guys have planned for the holidays?

Wampus
10-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, my go to family dinners are smoked turkey and a ham for Thanksgiving and smoked prime rib for Christmas. I imagine it'll be the same this year.

blues_n_cues
10-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Well, my go to family dinners are smoked turkey and a ham for Thanksgiving and smoked prime rib for Christmas. I imagine it'll be the same this year.

same here minus the ham.

Al Czervik
10-15-2011, 07:26 AM
We normally do a turkey on Thanksgiving and a standing rib roast for Christmas...

What I love about the holidays is that rib roast is always on sale for around $4.99 per pound. I'll buy quite a few, steak them up and vac-u-suc for later consumption. :becky:

twinsfan
10-15-2011, 09:29 AM
We'll do a turkey, probably in the oven, for Thanksgiving, but that week I'll also do some home-cured smoked corned beef!

Arkantex
10-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah I can't decide what to do this year. Last year we had my family here for Thanksgiving and my wife's family here for Christmas. I did a Turducken for both of them because our familys are so big. This year there is only going to be about 6 of us. Im thinking about doing a duck... I dont know