PDA

View Full Version : top round roast, eye of round or top sirloin

LT72884
10-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I am either going to roast a top round roast, eye of round or top sirloin and i am not sure which one to roast.

I want it to be tasty but not livery! i do not like liver. haha.

i have had eye of round and it is good but i have never had the other two. is one of those better than the other?

thanks

Cook
10-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Do you feel any of those roasts would have that irony taste of liver?

None of them will. I have an eye of round in the oven now. Should be ready around 11pm. I'm just gonna refrigerate it so that tomorrow I can slice & freeze portions for sandwiches later.

Gore
10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
The "rounds" are good cooked rare then refrigerated and sliced thin for sandwiches. You can also cure them and make pastrami. Otherwise, I don't really care for them at all. If you want a traditional roast, the sirloin is the best option of the three you give.

LT72884
10-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Do you feel any of those roasts would have that irony taste of liver?

None of them will. I have an eye of round in the oven now. Should be ready around 11pm. I'm just gonna refrigerate it so that tomorrow I can slice & freeze portions for sandwiches later.

well, i have had bad experiences in the past with meat tasting like liver. so i worry bout that.

this is for a dinner with yorkshire pudding and baked brie. lol.

thanks guys

Gore
10-07-2011, 07:31 AM
well, i have had bad experiences in the past with meat tasting like liver. so i worry bout that.

this is for a dinner with yorkshire pudding and baked brie. lol.

thanks guys

I know exactly what you mean about meat tasting like liver. Usually this happens at weddings and other occasions when they take a decent piece of meat and overcook it. A filet mignon will take on this quality especially if it is overcooked. Do not overcook.

Cook
10-07-2011, 07:44 AM

I have never experienced that...so I asked. I don't think I'd like livery tasting meat either (not a liver fan).

LT72884
10-07-2011, 12:01 PM
@ Cook and Gore. Yeah im not a liver fan either. Good to know it was about it being over cooked. Also i think some meats are not ment to be grilled unless marinated first.

Cook, trust me, you dont want to expeirience it. haha. i took a cheap cut of steak, i think it was a blade steak, did not marinate it and it was tough and had that dreaded liver flavor. took me 3 weeks to like steak again.

im going to the store to see what i can find in the 3lb range for a roast tonight. gonna roast over lump. just the smoke the lump gives off, no extra