PDA

View Full Version : Placement

Neil
05-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I have the 'dera ready to fire up and the brisket rubbed. I'll prepare the rub for the corn beef after I light the coals, want to soak it as long as possible. My question is should I put the corn beef above or below the brisket? Brisket has salt in the rub and the corn beef does not. What are your thoughts on thi? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.

Bill-Chicago
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Sorry to get to this late Neil.

I would say to put the brisket above the corned beef. My reasoning. The CB already has salt content. The brisket salt content is in the rub. Drippings from the corned beef will naturally be saltier than drippings from a brisket (even with a salt based rub) So the juices from the brisket will only be salt added from the rub, versus being alot of salt from the corned beef.

Does this make sense? (It is only a Theory!!!)

I have never done a corned beef. Have about 6 buried in the yard though.

You are alreay a master of both brisket and corned beef, but my only thing that I do is try and put them as high in the beast as possible. Right at 200 to 210. Yes, it takes a couple hours more than at 230 on the lower racks, but to me its worth it.

Lets see. St Joes, 2.5hours, 5:30pm, ,,,, I'll see ya at 8pm :)

Neil
05-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Haven't even lit her up yet. Brisket for breakfast mod.

Bigdog
05-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Are these packers or points or flats? I would not put one on top of the other. I have found that it you do that, the one above is in a cool spot. This would be fine if it were a small point or flat. But like to stagger large cuts like a packer so that they heat more evenly. I also like to rotate left-right, front-back and up-down.

Neil
05-14-2005, 11:31 PM
They are both flats. Brisket is 6.5# and the corn beef flat is 5.5#