PDA

View Full Version : Got a deal at the local KMART

chromestacks
09-29-2011, 09:34 PM
these are not webber kettles but, I did not pay webber prices either! I see at least 2 new drums in the near future. My last 2 got washed away in the flood. One came home, parts of it. The other I am sure after a 8 mile search of the river, its long gone. The 18.5" square on top is for my FIL's birthday next week. 2 drums, 2 kettles and a happy FIL sounds great to me!

Frank Grimes
09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Wow, I may be taking a trip to the local Kmart tomorrow to see if they have the same deals. I have plenty of grills, but for that price those would make great gifts.

caliking
09-30-2011, 12:49 AM
you may already know this but just in case:

I used a bbq pro lid for my UDS build. It did not fit on the top of the drum, so I putthe band back on, flipped the drum and cut the bottom (now the top) out. The lid then fit great with a HD foil gasket. I like it better than the Weber lid because the bbq pro lid is domed higher.

silverfinger
09-30-2011, 01:41 AM
After what you have been thru, I hope that works out for you!

Jason TQ
09-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Very cool. My first charcoal wasn't a weber and it was cheap, but lasted around 5 years and cooked really well. I scored some charcoal from them a few weeks ago saw they had some other grill/accessories for sale. I showed some restraint by not buying it all.

chromestacks
09-30-2011, 07:18 AM
you may already know this but just in case:

I used a bbq pro lid for my UDS build. It did not fit on the top of the drum, so I putthe band back on, flipped the drum and cut the bottom (now the top) out. The lid then fit great with a HD foil gasket. I like it better than the Weber lid because the bbq pro lid is domed higher.

Yep, I all ready knew that. I cut the rolled lip off the drum then The lid fits well and I can use a small rope gasket. Works like a champ!