PDA

View Full Version : Akaushi brisket from Sam's Club

cpw
09-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Sam's Club sells this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1510748&pid=CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku1804360
Which they call "kobe beef of texas" brisket, but it is akaushi. Not wanting to get into semantics of what is kobe beef or akaushi beef or whatever name it may have, has anyone actually tried this brisket? at $80 shipped, its a pretty good deal compared to getting wagyu shipped, as long as it's comparable to a higher end brisket.

The main reason I ask is that's next to impossible to get a brisket around here as it is, and definitely not one of any kind of quality (at least as far as I know)

Thanks for any insight!

big brother smoke
09-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Interesting reading from a few months ago!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101972&highlight=sam%27s+club+waygu+brisket

cpw
09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I just saw that exact thread before posting mine. No one ever actually said if they had used or not with any success.

smokeyokie
09-29-2011, 07:22 PM
if its $80.00 shipped you can get a snake river farms waygu for about 97.oo to 105.00 (havent purchased one in about 6 months) and for the extra money I can assure its worth it. BTW I have never heard or tried the brisket that Sams is offering?!?!!?:confused:

cpw
09-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I checked snake river farms, and they're at $80 plus $60 shipping, so that's a big jump from the sam's club one.

I've never heard of the kind that sam's offers either, i was hoping someone on here had and could offer some insight.

smokeyokie
09-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I checked snake river farms, and they're at $80 plus $60 shipping, so that's a big jump from the sam's club one.

I've never heard of the kind that sam's offers either, i was hoping someone on here had and could offer some insight.
well like I said I havent ordered one in a while the last one I ordered came to the door for 97.00 and it weighed 11 lbs... best of luck, if you order the one from sams let us know how it turned out!!!! Smoke on brother!!!:thumb:

Frank Grimes
09-29-2011, 10:48 PM
This is the description of an akaushi brisket the food distributor that I work for sells. It's not real detailed, but it's a start. We sell it for $8.38 per lb, so about $95, shipping is included in the price.

CHEFEX ITEM NO RETURNS AND NO REFUSALS
SHIPS FED EX STANDARD OVERNIGHT MON-THUR
100% AKAUSHI ALL NATURAL KOBE BEEF 100% SOURCE
VERIFIED RAISED IN USA. FRSH NOT FRZ BRISKET.
AKAUSHI MEAT CONTAINS EXTREMELY HIGH AMTS OF
INSTRAMUSCULAR FAT OR MARBLING WITH A FATTY ACID
COMPOSITION THAT IS SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER IN SATURAT
ED FAT AND CHOLESTEROL. HIGH IN MONOUNSATURATED FA
T AND CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID, A VERY BENEFICIAL
AND ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID IN HUMAN NUTRITION.
CORRECTIONS OR CHANGES ON C3L NOTES?
PLEASE CONTACT THE BUSINESS CENTER FOR SYSCO BRAND
OR CODING & STANDARDS FOR NON-SYSCO BRAND

cpw
09-30-2011, 06:48 AM
This is the description of an akaushi brisket the food distributor that I work for sells. It's not real detailed, but it's a start. We sell it for $8.38 per lb, so about $95, shipping is included in the price.

CHEFEX ITEM NO RETURNS AND NO REFUSALS
SHIPS FED EX STANDARD OVERNIGHT MON-THUR
100% AKAUSHI ALL NATURAL KOBE BEEF 100% SOURCE
VERIFIED RAISED IN USA. FRSH NOT FRZ BRISKET.
AKAUSHI MEAT CONTAINS EXTREMELY HIGH AMTS OF
INSTRAMUSCULAR FAT OR MARBLING WITH A FATTY ACID
COMPOSITION THAT IS SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER IN SATURAT
ED FAT AND CHOLESTEROL. HIGH IN MONOUNSATURATED FA
T AND CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID, A VERY BENEFICIAL
AND ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID IN HUMAN NUTRITION.
CORRECTIONS OR CHANGES ON C3L NOTES?
PLEASE CONTACT THE BUSINESS CENTER FOR SYSCO BRAND
OR CODING & STANDARDS FOR NON-SYSCO BRAND

So based on that description, it may be worth a try. Of course, I've never actually tried wagyu brisket, so I wouldn't be able to really compare the two.

Cook
09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Akaushi IS Waygu.

The distributor's description of it being Kobe, yet raised in the USA, is very misleading. Kobe only originates in Japan...although it is Waygu also.