PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands

Bart
09-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Hi my name is Bart, 32 years of age, and I'm from the Netherlands (NL).

For the last year or so I've been taking BBQ seriously and I'm moving my skills to another level rapidly. Next year I'd like to attend the only KCBS Judging seminar which is held to support the two main Qing events -> the NL Championship and the Tony Stone Low & Slow Competition.

BBQing as you guys on this forum know it is yet on a modest scale in the Netherlands and the people who know all about it in NL are hanging out on the Dutch Forum where frequently stuff from here is linked :-D.

Commercial rubs and sauces are not as widely available as in the USA so we are pretty much stuck making stuff ourselves which is not so bad when I come to think of it as that teaches you the fundamentals and flavours required to understand BBQ.

My tools are a 22.5" Weber OTP and WGA and in the nearby future I would like to extend the family with a homemade UDS for low and slow stuff.

My literature is currently dominated by Steven Raichlen: Ribs, Ribs, Ribs/BBQ USA/BBQ Bible and Sauce rubs and Marinades but my wishlist for now also contains APL and Big Bob Gibson's books.

I'm sure I'll learn a great deal reading all your posts and will contribute the results of recipies I re-engineerd. (*in respect to ingredients not available in NL)

Here's my story in short, regards Bart

EX~DY
09-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Welcome, Bart!

frognot
09-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Welcome aboard Bart!

May i recommend books from Dr. BBQ (Ray Lampe)? Lots of great information from a very cool Brother on this board.

http://www.drbbq.com/

Bart
09-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Ray Lampe indeed! Dr. BBQ has also reached the Netherlands, I supose my wishlist contains actually anything I don't have already....Didn't realize he was actually on this forum, I'm getting closer to where the BBQ hero's hangout I see :-D

Westexbbq
09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the camp,
Bart.
Enjoy.

twinsfan
09-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Hallo! Welcome.

that's hot
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
welcome to the forum Bart.

M

caseydog
09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome aboard Bart!

May i recommend books from Dr. BBQ (Ray Lampe)? Lots of great information from a very cool Brother on this board.

http://www.drbbq.com/

Yes, Dr. BBQ'a Big Time BBQ Cookbook has all the fundamentals, and some good recipes. :thumb:

CD

BBQ_MAFIA
09-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Welcome

lazy butt
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Welcome Bart

smokinit
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Welcome brother

JMSetzler
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Greetings and welcome from Hickory, North Carolina :)

Phubar
09-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Welkom Bart!
You know Brother Hugo got a webshop where he sells US rubs and sauces right?
True2BBQ is the name.

Enjoy your stay here!

Rookie'48
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Bart
09-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Welkom Bart!
You know Brother Hugo got a webshop where he sells US rubs and sauces right?
True2BBQ is the name.

Enjoy your stay here!

Hi Phubar yep I do know that, like mentioned 'not as widely available' but yet indeed we are getting started.

I'll be ordering stuff for the Eindhoven forum meating from True2BBQ next month :thumb: