PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Dynamic IP addresses

enolmron
09-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi, first, thanks SO MUCH for putting together this app. I am psyched to try it out tomorrow! :clap2:

I'm not an expert on this stuff, so please bare with me.

Question is, I have a dynamic ip address through my internet provider. I set up a dyndns.org account and have an address that I can use to access my Stoker when I'm not connected to my home network.

I'd like to be able to enter the dyndns.org address rather than an IP address and use the app to monitor my stoker when I'm not at home. I tried this and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

NCGrimbo
09-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Yes, that is how I connect to mine when I am not home. The key is to set up your router for port forwarding. I've posted information about this in this forum. See this post: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114219

Hi, first, thanks SO MUCH for putting together this app. I am psyched to try it out tomorrow! :clap2:

I'm not an expert on this stuff, so please bare with me.

Question is, I have a dynamic ip address through my internet provider. I set up a dyndns.org account and have an address that I can use to access my Stoker when I'm not connected to my home network.

I'd like to be able to enter the dyndns.org address rather than an IP address and use the app to monitor my stoker when I'm not at home. I tried this and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

enolmron
09-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Aha! Didn't have the 44444 port forwarded. Super stoked! Thanks so much!