PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Lang

BBQ4FUN
09-23-2011, 07:19 AM
I have been trying to contact Lang Smokers threw their website contact form and also emailing them several times. I never get a reply. :mad: Has anyone else had this issue? I'm usually buisy during the day with running my own business that I don't have time to call. Thanks for any input.

Lake Dogs
09-23-2011, 07:29 AM
I have a Lang, and love it, but they wont answer email or any other WWW. Phone is it.

BBQ4FUN
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
I would think that would discourage some people (like me) Why have them other contact options if they won't answer them? Just have a phone number on website and that's it.

Jason TQ
09-23-2011, 08:49 AM
I think there was another person who posted a similar situation in relation to lang. You just have to call. No it doesn't make much sense to have an email contact if you don't use it, but when websites get setup they come standard with that email contact page and some of the owners are not as tech savvy and don't think about using it or even know it is there. Doesn't look like that is going to change anytime soon :-P.

I have had the exact same thing happen, not with lang, trying to contact a trailer company via their email and got nothing back.

BBQ Bandit
09-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Calling direct is your best... sometimes the only option.

Lake Dogs
09-23-2011, 08:57 AM
If you're considering purchasing a Lang, you might also want to look at a Bubba Grills (nothing like Bubba Keg) unit; reverse flow smoker VERY similar in design, and usually a few $$$ less when it's said and done. Lonnie (Bubba) does answer email.

www.bubbagrills.net (http://www.bubbagrills.netc)

Also, FYI, he won ribs this year at Memphis In May, on his smoker of course...

Team DD
09-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I have tried the same way myself several times and still haven't heard anything either.

nmayeux
09-23-2011, 09:25 AM
I guess it is a South Georgia thing, as he ran the same website without updates for several years. But, if you do call, you will usually get Ben himself, or his son.

TheMidnightSmoker
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
I guess its just the luck of the draw. I sent Ben an email a few days ago and he responded the next day. Just lucky I guess.

Brisket Flats
09-23-2011, 10:30 AM
I had several e-mail correspondences with Ben (through the website) before I bought mine last month. Not sure what the deal is. Disappointing to hear, but my experience was different.

DirtyDirty00
09-23-2011, 11:07 AM
i searched and searched for a smoker. i had the email problem with many of them. old country REALLY was slow with email. days before responses. it was for that reason they didnt make a sale with me. i ended up rethinking and going with pits by jj. they too at times were slow with email.

even though they were slow with email, the pit was made very fast and shipped very fast. 2 1/2 weeks later the pit was up in NY. and i love the pit. A++

Kernscookin
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM
When I was contacting Ben I found that I have to use the direct line instead of the 800 number cause they don't answer that either. I also discovered that they spend alot of time on the road goint to cookoffs to advertise their cookers so if you call on a Tuesday vs. Friday you will have better luck. I have sent him two or three emails recently wanting to purchase something else from him and have not received a reply. I feel your pain. Like the other guy said, it's the luck of the draw.

Terry The Toad
09-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I own a Lang... went to the factory and picked it up. Chatted with Ben.

That said, I had all the same problems you described with contacting them. I finally reached them by phone, and placed my order. I guess he's just a really busy guy.

At the risk of going off on a tangent, I think this is a case of Lang being "the victim of his own success." Lots of people - far and wide - seem to know about Lang smokers. But, it is a fairly small shop. As far as I know, there is only one factory and he does not have distributors. So, he handles many (all?) aspects of the operation himself.

Anyway, I'm happy I persevered and went with a Lang.

BBQ4FUN
09-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Well I finally found some time to call Lang. "We're sorry, the voicemail box you have reached is full and cannot accept any more messages. Good Bye." :mad2: I'm strongly thinking of driving to Peoria Cookers and check them out. Email support from them has been outstanding, and they are within 3 hours of me.

TheMidnightSmoker
09-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Well I finally found some time to call Lang. "We're sorry, the voicemail box you have reached is full and cannot accept any more messages. Good Bye." :mad2: I'm strongly thinking of driving to Peoria Cookers and check them out. Email support from them has been outstanding, and they are within 3 hours of me.
Then what the Heck are you waiting for? I do not own a Peoria Custom Cooker but I have done ALOT of research on them and in particular The Meat Monster! I think Nobody has put as much time into R and D as Bill has. I think he has given Great thought to the design of his cookers down to the position of each and every weld, bolt and, well, you name it. Call me a Fan of Peoria Custom Cookers. For the record I recently became an owner of a used Lang 60 deluxe that I am sure I am going to really enjoy using.