PDA

View Full Version : Holding Chicken and Dogs

TheMidnightSmoker
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
This weekend I am committed to cooking 150 pieces of Chicken Thighs and 150 Hot Dogs. yes, I said Hot Dogs. I dont eat them but a friend hired me to cook them. My question is this. I will be using my Jumbo BDS with two racks but it will take at least 2 loads per meat. How can I keep the first batch warm while the second batch is cooking? I will have the finished meat in disposable pans for pick-up. I do have a Carlisle I can keep the meat in but I guess my question is should I be adding any liquid to the pans as they hold the Chicken and Hot Dogs?

NorthwestBBQ
09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Is there anyway to borrow another Smoker? Hot dogs and Chicken get old real fast. You could get steamer trays to hold them:

http://www.rentrightnow.com/umbraco/imagegen.aspx?image=/media/4956/ctr_chaffing_slvr_8.jpg&height=320&constrain=true

Goldflinger
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
We use beef broth to hold both burgers and hotdogs when working the concession stand for the baseball booster club.

PimpSmoke
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Nesco or a large crock with a steam rack.

If it's a well sealed cater hold, it will be good for hours. In my experience the more hot stuff you put in ( four pans full of cooked dogs) the hotter and longer it will hold.

TheMidnightSmoker
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Is there anyway to borrow another Smoker? Hot dogs and Chicken get old real fast.

I could also fire up my 18" WSM, my 22" Cajun Bandit Mod, My 26" Kettle and my 22" One-Touch Platinum if need be. Not sure who would get what though.

I just purchased a used Lang 60 Deluxe but I have to give it a real good cleaning before I can use it. Doubt I will have time before Saturday.

PimpSmoke
09-21-2011, 08:03 PM
We use beef broth to hold both burgers and hotdogs when working the concession stand for the baseball booster club.

This is a good suggestion if they are not swimming in it. I guess I don't know what type of dogs. If they are high quality skin on smoked dogs, take care. If they are Ball Park beef franks, they are infinitely more flexible.

Forgot, Sam's and Wally's have steamer table set ups with the pans, stands and the sterno, everything you need all in one. I think I paid like 20 bucks for one with six pans.