09-20-2011, 09:17 AM
http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/

Take a look, maybe you should also become a founding member

btcg
09-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Good job, brother. I'll look into it.

gtr
09-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for putting that up. I will absolutely look into it!

***edit***

Anybody else notice the default t-shirt size is 3XL? :laugh:

Joined up, btw!

Boshizzle
09-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Done!

tamadrummer
09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Do you think it would be ok for a backyard guy with a junky ole SNP to join? I would love to volunteer my time and any energy I can give but I don't have the equipment to be any use to anyone as far as cooking for crowds goes.

ThomEmery
09-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Do you think it would be ok for a backyard guy with a junky ole SNP to join? I would love to volunteer my time and any energy I can give but I don't have the equipment to be any use to anyone as far as cooking for crowds goes.

Brother when the need is there it is all hands on deck
This is about being ready for the next call when it comes
Come on in

BBQ Bandit
09-20-2011, 11:04 AM
OBR is definitely something we can do... was part of the Operation BBQ Relief last week in PA.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116583
There are video news clips at the bottom of the thread.

There are many aspects and areas you can help:
Cold meat prep/cook
Hot food prep/storage
Meal assembly
Delivering prepared meals onsite.

A cooker is not required to help.

Thanks for putting that up. I will absolutely look into it!
Anybody else notice the default t-shirt size is 3XL? :laugh:

Isn't that a Large in BBQ?

tamadrummer
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Done, thank you for the encouragement and the work already done to the many involved.

jknepper
09-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I can say that (having been in Alabama, Joplin and now, Central PA) ALL help is truly appreciated at these intiiatives! To me the best part about them is that people who have never met before (I never met either of the other two cookers in Harrisburg) can come together with a group of like minded residents of the communities affected and make a HUGE difference!

I don't believe that your equipment, your experience or even your financial status matter...as long as you care and are willing to pull long hours and work hard to help members of your community! Each of these responses has been significantly different in many ways, but the one thing that they all had in common was a common purpose; Helping Neighbors!

Bob (the Bandit) and Rob Gibson (Coal Cracken BBQ) were both incredible guys from whom I learned a LOT, we had a few dozen volunteers, many were old friends that I hadn't seen in over a decade, some I had never met and they were ALL a big part of the success of the operation!

One family stopped by to check out the smokers on Thursday night...they had suffered losses and didn't have much to lose, but their interest and appreciation for what we were doing was AMAZING! None of us knew them, nor did they know us...they didn't have the means to afford any BBQ gear or equipment, just an interest in what we were doing and an appreciation for the cause. Husband, wife and 3 kids helped us ALL weekend and gave not only their physical assistance, but a HUGE moral boost!

Best part about this kind of help is that it's not (really) organized...it's just people helping people...organically! From where I have stood during my donated efforts this year...ALL are welcome!!!

GreatQ4U.com - Traeger COM-200/ 2- Traeger 075's / 2 Traeger 070's

ThomEmery
09-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Well said Brother