PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Phubar
09-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Don't know yet...probably some nice cuts of beePh.

Have Phun y'all!:cool:

lookwow
09-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Making about 50 ABTs for the football game Sunday. THink thats about it. Maybe throw some thing on for a snack also.

DirtyDirty00
09-16-2011, 09:01 AM
nothing. :sad:

fiance has me on lockdown after last weeks pig roast

cheeaa
09-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Well just last night, my new OTG Blue finally came. Gave it a good burn last night so tomorrow I'm gonna do ribs for the first time ever and a fatty to go along with them. :clap2:

OutlawSwine
09-16-2011, 09:03 AM
My rear end if I don't get that leak around our fireplace fixed. :doh:

cheeaa
09-16-2011, 09:04 AM

That sucks. Sometimes, chicks just don't understand.

nthole
09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
We're having an 'Apple Festival' at work next week, so hit up the Throwdown threads and got a few ideas to try and see which one to make for the office. Going to make an apple stuffed fatty, apple chicken sausages (think 1/3 size brats, jumbo smokies :grin:) or apple satays (apple chunk, season, bacon wrapped smoked, then drizzled with some sort of meltable cheese, thinking gouda, maybe fontina).

twinsfan
09-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Nothin'. vacation, kinda.

Nosmo King
09-16-2011, 09:41 AM
i'm thinking brisket for sunday

Ole Man Dan
09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Alabama's playing North Texas this weekend, so Brisket's the meat of choice.
Next Week:
Alabama plays Arkansas, so BBQ Butt is my likely choice.

I'm not gonna BBQ 'Hillbilly' when Alabama plays Tennessee. :roll:
(A Ham will have to do)

Al Czervik
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Super secret In a Shell TD meal...

Fatback Joe
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Nothing.

Closed on a house yesterday, so it is a moving weekend. :mad:

Igotgas
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Chicken for me. I am doing my first competition (well sort of) Saturday. It is not a competition like you all do. It is a small event in a town next to me. There are only 5 teams including mine, so I is real small. But I figured for a first competition I would try it. I am doing thighs, wings, and skewers using the Fire Wire cables. The event is called the Chicken Festival that's why everything is chicken. Should be fun:clap:

JoeSmoker
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
During football season I bring a dish to the house where we are watching our Saints games (Yes, there are quite a few of us in enemy territory here in Atlanta). My dishes are all NOLA based, but since I have the smoker now, I am thinking of doing a couple fatties to take this Sunday.

I am kicking around the idea of jambalaya fatties, trying to decide if all the filling ingredients should be cooked before rolling. I will have the rice cooked, but not sure about the onion, bell peppers, shrimp, chicken, etc.

smokainmuskoka
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Hoping to do a beer can chicken on a 22.5" Weber kettle I got a month ago from CL.
It's an older one with the 3 rotating intake vents.
I did some baby backs last Monday on it that were OK, but that was my first go at it. Any pointers for chicken? I'm thinking I should start with a full chimney banked to one side - not sure about water or not in the drip pan.
Thanks in advance.

DirtyDirty00
09-16-2011, 11:35 AM
jambalaya fatties

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lemme know how they go and what u used. this sounds like it could be the best thing ever. i say go with shrimp. shrimp jambalaya is my favorite. this might be my next fatty experiment as well.

cheeaa
09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Hoping to do a beer can chicken on a 22.5" Weber kettle I got a month ago from CL.
It's an older one with the 3 rotating intake vents.
I did some baby backs last Monday on it that were OK, but that was my first go at it. Any pointers for chicken? I'm thinking I should start with a full chimney banked to one side - not sure about water or not in the drip pan.
Thanks in advance.

I did my first one a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. I had a drip pan, but I didnt use water.

smokainmuskoka
09-16-2011, 01:09 PM
I did my first one a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. I had a drip pan, but I didnt use water.

I've done them before, but on a gas grill with foil packs of wood chips or indoor oven - always a hit.
I haven't done them with charcoal though, and was curious about a reasonable amount to start with.

cheeaa
09-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I've done them before, but on a gas grill with foil packs of wood chips or indoor oven - always a hit.
I haven't done them with charcoal though, and was curious about a reasonable amount to start with.

i just filled up a full chimney and then let it get to temp. It was around 300 and it took about 2 hours.

JoeSmoker
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lemme know how they go and what u used. this sounds like it could be the best thing ever. i say go with shrimp. shrimp jambalaya is my favorite. this might be my next fatty experiment as well.

I think it will be pretty good, I am wondering if the rice will be soggy after cooking then smoking.

gtr
09-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Doing an 11 or 12# packer tomorrow, probably ABT's, gonna start a slab of bacon curing.

FremontSmoke
09-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Ribs and Tri-tip. Having the neighbors over for a little celebration and using my $38 Brinkmann smoker for only the 4th time. The first two times I used it (before making mods) I ended up having to finish up on my gasser, because the fire bowl ended up full of ashes and the fire was snuffed out. The last time I tried it, after the modifications, I produced an amazing rack o ribs with a beautiful red ring of smoke. I'm hoping for the same results tomorrow.

MrSmoker
09-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm going do Boneless skinless Chicken Breast wrapped with Bacon.Some will have SM Season All and the others will have SM Sweet Seduction. Pictures later.

jmellor
09-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Cooking for dinner with friends tomorrow night. Picked up a 9lb brisket flat, a 8lb Butt, and a Jimmy Dean log for a fatty. Going to try some smoked pinto beans in my new cast iron dutch oven. Early start tomorrow morning!

sbsg2005
09-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Whole pork loin on Saturday 12 pound butt on Sunday ribs both days. Maybe some ABTs. Some baked beans, corn on the cob, grilled taters and onions and who knows what else. Cooking for the better part of the week this weekend.

LoneStarMojo
09-16-2011, 07:24 PM

lol...when I go to the grocer I get "THAT" look and then my wife warns me to steer clear of the meat market.

oh..and I'll be breakin in the the UDS that I'm finishing up for my son. Probably a test run of ribs...mite be tri-tip tho. I'll get some food and drum pron up on Sunday or Monday.

smokey and the brisket
09-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Saturday afternoon I am doing 2 beer can chickens, 2 chuck roasts and 2 racks of baby backs.

Family Guy
09-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi Phubar & friends!

I have phive slabs of baby backs and phour phatties going on the UDS tomorrow. Gotta pay back some of my neighbors for their help and always prefer to pay my debts in smoked meat! Time to install that second rack in the drum...

John

Jeffp
09-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Tri tip and chicken for me. Haven't had tri tip in quite awhile so I'm looking forward to it more than usual.

Phubar
09-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Made some lasagna and smoked nanner pudding yesterday with Padawan....which came out really nice!
Maybe cooking some ribs tonight...

smokinin614
09-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Nothing big this weekend...just some beef ribs, pork shoulder, and some cartilage and pig skins for the dogs:thumb:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6088/6155832856_1ea0b4a8f0.jpg

Mister Bob
09-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Big sale on yardbird this week, so I'll be making pulled chicken for dinner and some smoked chicken soup with the leftovers.

TIMMAY
09-17-2011, 12:19 PM
One of my friends wants some Italian sausage fatties to take with him to work , so I told him I would help him out. Think I am gonna use the extra grill space to try making some imitation burnt ends with a chuck steak.